Match Thread | Man City vs. Brentford (20/02/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
it may brentford was more open vs Liverpool 3 days ago, but that is also down to speed of attacks.

first dipper goal was from a brentford freekick when everybody went ahead for a header and van Dijk cleared with a great long ball Jota headed it down to Nunez who could run 1 v1 and scored.
we would not clear it like that, we pass it around, wait, build up slow, wait for Brentford to reshape than start pass around their block good 60-90 seconds later. cant see Dias try a long ball clearance like that, he is instructed to do the opposite.

and then clinical finishing matters too, lets be honest Jota buries that header that Bernardo missed, and Salah would have scored that Bobb chance.

then all of a sudden Brentford couldnt not sit back as much, which favored dippers 3 days ago given they were 1-0 up after 35 mins so Brentford had to go for it bit more.
They have Nunez jota gapko and salah whereas we have an out of sorts Haaland .

I’ve said it already tonight and against Chelsea. We made a huge error not properly replacing Gundo. The most important business we have to do this summer. Pep obviously doesn’t fully trust Kovacic or Nunez or they would be playing much more often.
Agree but I’d play either of them over Alvarez

Oscar Bobb has to stop pulling out of challenges or he'll get hurt. Need to gey KDB on second half probably for Julian.
You think? Yeah, maybe, call em crazy, but I'd take of Alvarez...I bet no one agrees with me on here based on the comments

Since haaland came back we look a less attacking team. How is this possible
I don't know how people still think we're a better 'team' with Haaland. I know how unpopular it is, and yes, we won a treble with him, but I'd take a Jesus/Aguero to win leagues over him any day consistently.

Put Bernardo next to foden, Alvarez for Kevin and put Kevin out on the right. I feel like we could get joy with Kevin picking out passes down that side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.