Match Thread | Man City vs. Brentford (20/02/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't help when these teams sit back, 11 men behind the ball, looking for a counter. Anti-football. Suppose that's the price of being good but they don't do it just through fear, they get a buzz from not being beaten by us so they give a lot of effort - effort they wouldn't give even if it meant taking points in a part of the table where it actually mattered to them.

How do you combat that?
By taking your only one or two chances, it’s that simple.

Look on the bright side. We didn’t concede with their first shot on target as has become the norm! They will get tired, we get one early second half and we will coast it
02705f34-5edd-4465-8a27-38df2b7f0fcc-text.gif

This season every single game is a struggle. Not the team we used to be that dominated most games against weaker opposition and just blew them away in the first half, usually scoring 3 or more.

Thought we have played fairly well. Created plenty of chances but a combination of poor finishing and good defending/keeping has kept us out.

I really don't think Alvarez suits his current role and I would rather see KDB on for him. I also think Walker plays better as an overlapping full back than an out and out right winger, which he is seemingly being asked to play. Maybe Bernardo could move more over to the right so he can cut inside and Walker go outside.

If we keep this up in the 2nd half, surely a few of the chances must go in sooner. or later and we should win this. We've got to keep it tight at the back as well though, as they are quite dangerous on the break.

judt for change i want to see foden and bobb switch sides an d start crossing to big man , he’s high and dry atm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.