2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

He's been great for us, but cannot be right back and right wing at the same time
Should be getting pensioner minutes instead he's stinking up the gaff for 90mins each game.

Some captain too, didn't even put his ego aside, he couldn't wait to leave one on Maupay.

Not really. He is being asked to hold down an entire side so that we can overload other areas and rotate Bernardo, Foden, and Alvarez throughout the game. It’s a thankless task on the pitch and an even more thankless one on here.
I don’t think he can fulfil this advanced role well enough for us to lose his recovery pace at the back.

That pace is more important than him playing as a winger as he can’t cross a ball.

He looked like he had the positions, sense of Richard Edghill at times tonight ad he was 15 yards away from his old right back position.

There's some shit written about Walker in this thread this season.

Tonight he was obviously tasked with being the main wide right player, with Foden playing inside, and he did that quite well for me, getting into great positions, and he did his defensive duties OK too for me.

One thing though, his crossing is pretty awful, I won't argue with anyone on that, but it's always been pretty awful, so that's nothing new. That said the header for Bernardo to score was sublime, would have been a superb assist, but for Bernardo.

He’s a concern atm. He wasn’t awful tonight by any means but I don’t quite have the faith in him right now that I’ve had in the past.
He seems too pumped up for some reason, needs to settle himself down and get back to basics. Hopefully just a stage he’s going through like many before him but we need him on his game sharpish.

2 touches always gave the defender the time to block the cross. Needs to have trust in himself and cross it directly, 1 touch.

I loved his deserved yellow vs Maupay! Esp, as we as a team are mainly playing zero-contact football as the refs would have a field day if we gave it a go.

All those on here asking why he still starts have to answer who would be the alternative?

Rico doesn't have the physicality, John has to be managed even on CB/DM, Akanji has to cover Aké (who is overplayed - it's a wonder his hammy is still holding) while Josko is out and Gómez is no defender.

Walker has the body to play and play and we should be grateful and accept his flaws. IMO

Tonight he was obviously tasked with being the main wide right player, with Foden playing inside, and he did that quite well for me, getting into great positions, and he did his defensive duties OK too for me.

One thing though, his crossing is pretty awful, I won't argue with anyone on that, but it's always been pretty awful, so that's nothing new. That said the header for Bernardo to score was sublime, would have been a superb assist, but for Bernardo.
Had he been one of the 3 defenders, he’d have stopped their one on one early on in the game.

We’re less susceptible to the counter with him in the back line than if he’s half way inside the opponents half.

Had he been one of the 3 defenders, he’d have stopped their one on one early on in the game.

We’re less susceptible to the counter with him in the back line than if he’s half way inside the opponents half.
Don't disagree, but I don't pick the side/tactics ;-)

However the way he's being portayed in this thread isn't right, far too many are affected by off pitch crap, it doesn't interest me thankfully.

I don't see any loss of pace, or not really with it because of the other crap, he looks the same Kyle to me, keen to play, quick, and as always a bit brainless.

Don't disagree, but I don't pick the side/tactics ;-)

However the way he's being portayed in this thread isn't right, far too many are affected by off pitch crap, it doesn't interest me thankfully.

I don't see any loss of pace, or not really with it because of the other crap, he looks the same Kyle to me, keen to play, quick, and as always a bit brainless.
He needs to up his pace if he’s having to give up a 25 yard start!

Walker is doing a thankless job because we don't have a proper attacking fullback. If we have an attacking left back then either Akanji or Walker life will be much easier. Same with Gvardiol. They are tasked with a lot of attacking responsibility and it does not earn them any credits.

Poop squad planning in my eyes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.