Did You Go Halifax Away In the FA Cup in 1980?

Official attendance 12'599. How many City were there?
Something is telling me that the away team could have an allocation of up to 25% at cup ties in those days. Based on that there would have been around 3,000 blues but I my memory might be playing tricks with the percentage.

Something is telling me that the away team could have an allocation of up to 25% at cup ties in those days. Based on that there would have been around 3,000 blues but I my memory might be playing tricks with the percentage.
I thought maybe we'd of had a lot more than that.

Were there ticket allocations then? Thought they were still pay at the gate or has my dementia set in?

I was there that day.
One bit of weird trivia about that game - kickoff was brought forward an hour to 2pm because the floodlights at Halifax weren't powerful enough once it was fully dark for a game where highlights were going to be on TV.
Strange how memory plays you false, was working in Burnley at the time and had a few hours off in the afternoon. I went to Burnley v Stoke as I recall as I walked up Yorkshire St to the Turf someone said Halifax had beaten City so I always thought it must have been a 12 noon kick off. I now realise I must have only heard a latest score and got the final score at HT. Burnley beat Stoke and I thought with City out I would be up for the Clarets in the FA cup, shouldn't have bothered as Bury knocked them out in the 4th round.
24 then 67 now a true FOC, seems like it was yesterday.

No, but those Shrewsbury & Halifax defeats left a lasting impression in that part of me still fears the worst even now, especially in a big Cup game.

I was at both Lincoln defeats and York and drawing at Chesterfield … all still pretty vivid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.