FA Cup QF Draw | Newcastle (H) | Sat 16 Mar 17:30

The draw is a waste of time. We’ll be away, probably Liverpool. Scum will draw Coventry at home but wil lose at Forest anyway.
Shouldn't fear anyone.
Managed to beat all the top European teams last season.
Beat rags, the bumnal ,Chelsea, dippers in the domestic cups but somehow managed our only loss in a cup game to Southampton.

For those pushing getting a big team in the draw, just think about our run of games...

Rags, a relatively easy CL game, Dips, the cup game, then a fucking international break which nearly always causes us injuries followed by Arse on the resumption.

Much as it'd be lovely to take the rags/dips apart, if they actually get through tonight, it'd make our hardest period of games somewhat easier if we get a championship team at home.

Let’s assume that the heroic Jürgen Youth prevail against the mighty fully-grown men of Championship heavyweights Southampton, and that Chelsea beat Leeds - both safeish assumptions, I think - that’ll be us facing 1 of 5 other Premier League teams or 1 of 2 Championship teams. Stretching our assumption thresholds a little tighter, let’s assume we have an equal chance of a home or an away draw. Stretching credulity beyond the reasonable, then, let’s go on to assume that the draw is not fixed, and that the broadcaster with (a) a financial stake in televising games that people want to watch in large numbers, and (b) the right to conduct the draw before its own cameras, on its own terms, is not in any way loading the deck in favour of what’s good for the broadcaster - all that being the case, we’ve got a 5 in 7 chance of another Premier League team, and a 5 in 14 chance, or about 36%, of an away tie against a Premier League team. Wanna bet?

I think we should look back (myself included) what most thought on here when we got Luton away .. “ disappointed with that” turned out to be a perfect tie for us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.