United (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Just been looking at Erling unbelievable miss just before half time and I thought --- why didn't he do what Mario did when he put the ball into the Spurs net with his chest.

Agreed. Their game plan would have been perfect if they’d scored in the 80th minute instead of the 8th. A billion pound squad. Spineless shithouses
As a matter of interest does anyone know the actual purchase value of the two starting elevens yesterday? I know the sale value would put City miles and miles ahead.... but how much did each side pay for their starting 11?

I’m watching the replay of United’s almost 2nd goal .

And try to assess who’s mostly fault for why that happened at least in the tracking back defending part.

I could write a longer thesis and this is basically one anyway

**** disclaimer *** you don’t have to read this. You can just scroll down if that’s hard and you want those seconds back in your life I wish I could help some people have different opinions and some people write epic post on Twitter and forums that I’ve been on not just me.

If you don’t like it I wish I could help you but I digress

I think it’s primarily Rodri who is at fault

He doesn’t pay attention to Mctominey picking up steam from the halfway line.

As far as I can tell Rodri is the only player based who should’ve or could have noticed earlier and would’ve been responsible for dealing with that

I’ve watched it a few times now.

Yes Walker twists worrying about two players before stones shows up

But Stones shows up to help so Walker can mark Fernandes

Stones is ahead of Rodri so he should see this I think and then look behind him for other players which he doesn’t do

If he did I suspect he would’ve directed his focus on McTominey.

Walker points at one point I think worried about Rashford to remind Ake who is the defender who would be dealing with that

But Dias does the best in this entire sequence from what I see.

Dias is dealing with Garnacho

And then with his football intelligence and positioning takes Garnacho out of the equation

by creating an offside trap situation so Fernandes can’t pass him the ball

We were perhaps ironically fortunate that Rashford scored that goal earlier

Because McTominey is calling for the ball running through the middle of the pitch with nobody dealing with him

because everybody else is focused on a player to mark or deal with

Except Rodri

who is focused on players that other players are already focused on,

I’m not certain why so it may be I don’t understand something. Perhaps he’s worried about stones leaving Evans to help double Fernandes?

I can’t read his mind so I’m not sure

I said that the irony of Rashford scoring might have influenced Fernandes to make the wrong pass in my opinion.

He should’ve passed to the late run into the box by Mctominey. I think the XG would’ve been much higher

I guess he doesn’t trust him?

but that’s a really low level of trust

and says something maybe about Fernandes and why people criticise him. I wonder what their fans are saying and I’m tempted to take a look on their “café “

That wasn’t the right decision to pass the more difficult ball to Rashford

I’m the coach and looking at this and talking to the players

Last edited:
Nobody ever mentions the money when it comes to United, whoever is in charge of their finances should be put in prison for fraud. Spent a billion quid to park the bus and hoof the ball up the pitch, its mental
It’s not the money, it’s the recruitment. They have three people who are clueless all pretending to be DoF. But…..Omar will sort that, unfortunately.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.