United (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

I’m watching the replay of United’s almost 2nd goal .

And try to assess who’s mostly fault for why that happened at least in the tracking back defending part.

I could write a longer thesis and this is basically one anyway

**** disclaimer *** you don’t have to read this. You can just scroll down if that’s hard and you want those seconds back in your life I wish I could help some people have different opinions and some people write epic post on Twitter and forums that I’ve been on not just me.

If you don’t like it I wish I could help you but I digress

I think it’s primarily Rodri who is at fault

He doesn’t pay attention to Mctominey picking up steam from the halfway line.

As far as I can tell Rodri is the only player based who should’ve or could have noticed earlier and would’ve been responsible for dealing with that

I’ve watched it a few times now.

Yes Walker twists worrying about two players before stones shows up

But Stones shows up to help so Walker can mark Fernandes

Stones is ahead of Rodri so he should see this I think and then look behind him for other players which he doesn’t do

If he did I suspect he would’ve directed his focus on McTominey.

Walker points at one point I think worried about Rashford to remind Ake who is the defender who would be dealing with that

But Dias does the best in this entire sequence from what I see.

Dias is dealing with Garnacho

And then with his football intelligence and positioning takes Garnacho out of the equation

by creating an offside trap situation so Fernandes can’t pass him the ball

We were perhaps ironically fortunate that Rashford scored that goal earlier

Because McTominey is calling for the ball running through the middle of the pitch with nobody dealing with him

because everybody else is focused on a player to mark or deal with

Except Rodri

who is focused on players that other players are already focused on, although I’m not certain why so it might’ve been internal in another way but it caused a problem.

I said that the irony of Rashford scoring might have influenced Fernandes to make the wrong pass in my opinion.

He should’ve passed to the late run into the box by Mctominey. I think the XG would’ve been much higher

I guess he doesn’t trust him

but that’s a really low level of trust

and says something maybe about Fernandes and why people criticise him. I wonder what their fans are saying and I’m tempted to take a look on their “café “

That wasn’t the right decision to pass the more difficult ball to Rashford

I’m the coach and looking at this and talking to the players
Bollocks, coach. Can we go for a pint now?

Bollocks, coach. Can we go for a pint now?
Ha ha sounds good to me
Whose fault was it then do you think

I love Rodri but I’m not sure what I see that is clear that anyone else was significantly at fault

Stones? Walker?

OK giving the ball away but I’m talking about that least that whole sequence

Have you seen it again?

Ha ha sounds good to me
Whose fault was it then do you think

I love Rodri but I’m not sure what I see that is clear that anyone else was significantly at fault

Stones? Walker?

OK giving the ball away but I’m talking about that least that whole sequence

Have you seen it again?
No idea. I was just joshing that post.

No idea. I was just joshing that post.
Cheers.

If you are a manc and you are in Manchester and I finally get my self to come to what actual match there which I’ve tried multiple times but has

We can meet for a pint I would love to and anyone on here that sounds fucking fantastic

I’ve been to the old city pub here the mad Hatter in Nyc for whenever I could but it was very small and crowded especially a few times I tried to watch the Derby there. Or a Champions League match actually where I did watch the semi-final we lost a Real Madrid while ago in their backyard.

have yet to go to the new location that’s actually closer to where I grew up and have to go at some point. The New York sky blues I was a member at one time

And I love Mancs dry sarcastic humour which I know a lot of usaers don’t get but for a New Yorker it’s part of the course so there’s a lot of common there. Sarcasm is about as normal as jaywalking around here for lifelong New Yorkers or many of us.

Also I grew up a fan of a sport team here that was decades long bad and mocked.

Actually there’s a few sport teams in New York City that have that

Some opposite but that’s also why I love being a city fan because I know our fans aren’t like United fans or Liverpool fans or even some of the other clubs who don’t have the appreciation and different personality and cultural values that I noticed in MANCS or should I say Berts. :)

I cannot stand the thought of Liverpool win the league right now and yesterday was thinking screaming when I saw the result at what happened and Beijing that even Arsenal please at least let them win instead if it’s not us please!

Mates I connected to when I first stayed in England for a semester of uni a flatemate
was a city fan whe City we were very bad and he was really cool and I learned a little bit about the club but not a huge amount yet.

And of course my other long-term mate that I know through other family folks but that’s how I became a city supporter just for y’all to know

And as a person born and raised in New York City

I think Mancs and New Yorkers actually have some things in common that hdlps
Me gravitate as well.

Just like the New Yorkers that exist we’re not all a bunch of is it OK to say wankers? LOL

I was supposed to go to a match last year but it didn’t work out. I was very disappointed and there was even tickets purchased I just couldn’t go it’s not cheap

I’ve come close a few times to go to carabao cup finals or watch with my mate in London who’s from Manchester and a huge city fan and one of the major reason

But who lives in South London right now and would’ve gone to London Stadium to watch the fans which sounds amazing

Anyway I’m a man a few words just kidding hope you have a great day (was that yank sounding enough for you? :-)

Cheers

Last edited:
Cheers.

If you are a manc and you are in Manchester and I finally get my self to come to what actual match there which I’ve tried multiple times but has

We can meet for a pint I would love to and anyone on here that sounds fucking fantastic

I’ve been to the pub here the mad Hatter and NYC

I have yet to go to the new location

And I love Max I have friends that’s why partly why I’m a city supporter just for y’all to know

And as a New York City lifelong

I think Max and New York actually have some things in common that makes me really love you all so much the real Max the good ones

Just like the New Yorkers that exist we’re not all a bunch of is it OK to say wankers? LOL

I was supposed to go to a match last year but it didn’t work out

I’ve come close a few times to go to carabao cup finals or watch with my mate in London who’s from Manchester and a huge city fan and one of the major reason

But who lives in South London right now and would’ve gone to London Stadium to watch the fans which sounds amazing

Anyway I’m a man a few words just kidding hope you have a great day (was that yank sounding enough for you? :-)

Cheers
Pardon the shit grammar I dictate these days

My hand isn’t always agreeing with me for typing

Waistcoat looked thoroughly pissed pff when Phil scored. He knows deep down that he has to include him in any starting lineup but doesn’t want to. I expect Mainoo is his preferred choice
Waistcoat on attacking tactics: “Dunno mate, but Harry should take the corners.”

Yes but it never changes does it? Tomorrow will bring a new manager, tomorrow will bring an identifiable style of play, tomorrow Ratcliffe will bring a new dawn. Reminds me of Annie... Tomorrow tomorrow I love ya tomorrow, you're always a day away. Long may it continue
They are assembling a much better management team on the football side. It will take time but they will improve. Just need a billion for 12 new players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.