Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

The intensity that the dippers play with unsettles us. So many times we lost the ball or passed badly when pressed. I know we like to look on how they play but it is not all long ball. The way that Klopp refreshed their midfield is impressive even if it seems more luck than judgement (Fabinho and Henderson leaving and Chelsea signing their top targets Caciedo and Lavia).

The dipper fans and some of their players are absolute morons but Pep/Klopp has been an amazing rivalry. Hopefully Bingo will leave with just a League Cup but these games will be missed.
I’ve always said a win at home and a draw away each season vs liverpool is a decent outcome.

They, upon recent years activity, are absolutely not better than that.
They are diving cheating cunts.
I thought Arsenal were bad for it last night, but these have it to a fine art!
I don't mean ethically, I just mean they are good enough to score without cheating but they just don't seem to have the self belief

Not sure what coverage everyone was watching but on bein, the footage from behind, it looked like darwin nunez had planted both feet then sprung up in the air as eddy was sliding in. Absolute brainfart from ederson. Nunez was not going to do anything from where he was heading.

Should have won that.

Said for weeks we have to win at anfield, that need increased when we saw their lineup with that defence so a draw is disappointing result. But given how the game went, we're incredibly fortunate to get out of that with a point. Now going to be reliant on somebody else doing what we couldn't and beating them for us but it's better than the alternative of a loss and being all but out of title contention.

Think Pep got it wrong again today, no balance in midfield, the amount of times they were running at our backline with equal or even more numbers was shocking. You can say pep can't legislate for Ake being unable to play a simple 10 yard pass or any of the other numerous times we gave away the ball cheaply but he could to an extent. He could have set us up better so our defence wasn't under such constant pressure and limit the chances of those mistakes.

Looked much better when kovacic finally came on but by then the momentum was thoroughly with them and we had the likes of Bernardo and rodri unable to make a tackle with a red looming, should have started or come on at halftime.

Hanging on and toothless upfront, not a good performance at all and were still yet to put in a single big game performance all season. It's an excellent point in isolation, not a good point in the overall context of the title challenge though.

Now need to be perfect and hope they aren't. Tough ask on both parts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.