Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

anyone remembers a pen that is missed against us in PL or saved by our keeper? feels like years ago and probably even that wasnt close/important game...

not all pens are scored in the world, but ones taken against City in PL are almost always are scored. never a fucking hit the post, just slightly wide/above, hit into the keeper etc
With Ederson trying to save them, they don’t have to put them near the post. Pretty much any shot will do.

I saw little to no contact either, yet no one complained about the penalty being given, Eddie knew it before the ref even blew so ......

Ake has made 1 mistake in two years and it had to be fucking there :/
Anyone slating Ake needs to give their head a wobble. He’s made a mistake and it’s cost us, but he’s been brilliant for us.

This is embarrassing stuff at this stage of the season having drawn against Liverpool away from home.

I don't know what to tell you. I'm not slaughtering you, I'm just telling you to take a deep breath and strap on a pair.

Maybe we win it, maybe we don't, but you'd have to be a lunatic to be chucking the towel in when we haven't been beaten since early December and we are one point behind first with 1/4 of the season to go.
Fans are disappointed, not so much with the result but we didn't play like we all know we can. I thought we would bury the cunts, and shut them up.....but some of our players were poor. When we're not at our best in a huge game like this it has a huge effect as, like when we play United we desperately want to school them in how the game should be played. We want it to be a showcase when the whole world is watching. I wanted Big Erl to score 3 and Kev to take the piss with his passing and Phil to run them ragged. They had more possession, more corners and more passes, which is extremely rare and shows we were intimidated with the Clanfield effect.
It didn't happen, so although I'm far from chucking in any towels, it's disappointing we didn't shine.

Feel gutted tonight.

Liverpool was for the taking tonight but we just bent over for them.

They had more energy & desire all over the pitch yet we still had big chances

Lucky to get a point but I still feel it was 2 points dropped against a bit part Liverpool team & probably the weakest we have played.

Love the guy but it’s on pep. Tactics & game plan totally wrong & didn’t react quick enough. Although you could argue we take our chances then we win all the games we have dropped points.
Story of the season.

Top 4 & fa cup would be nice. I just don’t think we have enough for league & champs league this season.
Fucking hell.

For me Ederson never made contact with Nunez.

That converted pen inspired the dippers and the atmos in the ground changed and swung the momentum to them.

We were fortunate to come away with a point in the end.

Felt for Ake, usually so reliable.

Considering he had to have treatment straight after and then got subbed due to an injury he got making that challenge, it’s a bit of a stretch to think there was no contact!

Or are you saying Nunez made contact with him? Either way it was a pen, you could tell from our own players reactions including Ederson.

People are posting utter madness. Can these idiots be genuine Blues? They need to strap on a pair is right because they're for damn sure missing their own set. Shameless...

Since the beginning of February our record is eight wins, two draws, no losses.

I'll say that again, slowly: Eight wins. Two draws. No losses.

Oh but our form has nosedived, and we've opted out of winning anything this year.
You know that I'm agreeing with you.
People are posting utter fucking in-need-of-fanny-wiping madness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.