Kalvin Phillips | On loan at West Ham

He was jogging around in circles yesterday and looked like a pitch invader. Got hooked at half time and fuck knows where he goes from here. Waistcoat was at the game so probably will include him in the England squad on Thursday
He's done as a player, another Drinkwater, Ali or Mills.

He hit the financial jackpot coming here and it showed.

There were some red flags that our board ignored when signing him.

Lad is awful and his head is gone. His time at City has fucked him.
He's always been a championship level player. He's fucking crap.
Think that Kalvin could be suffering from "imposter syndrome" ?
Seems a decent lad, but was overwhelmed at City ?
Perhaps the Premier League is too high a standard for him ?
If he dropped to the Championship he may find his level...

He's done as a player, another Drinkwater, Ali or Mills.

He hit the financial jackpot coming here and it showed.
Deli Alli isn’t finished fully. Everton can’t play him or they owe Spurs £20m.

Whether he rejuvenates after his contract expires and can play again, time will tell.

And some people on here still saying he'd come good till his last appearance for us.

He's been nothing short of ordinary at best, since his first day at the club.

People kept using the "look at Rodris first season" card. Rodri showed in glimpses in his first season that there was a player in there and he got better and better.

This lad was a catastrophe every time he came on. Simple things like controlling a football evaded him. I thought Javi Garcia was slow. Kalvin made him look like Leroy Sane.

Just move him on for free and leave it there.

I feel for him. He clearly didn't come to us with the intention to be a failure. He was a major figure at L***s, and was excellent for England at the Euros. But coming to us was moving into a whole different level. I was more than happy to give him two seasons, to see if he could adapt to our system. Remember Rodri's first season, and all those painful "Plodri" digs? He came good, though (and how!). And I hoped that the same thing would happen with Kalvin. Unfortunately, that seems highly unlikely now. Shame. And he seems a sound lad, considering where he's from.

I agree.

I've got a feeling he knew within his first few training sessions he was never going to make it at City. The level from Leeds to us is a monumental jump.

End of the day, he should have asked a move in the summer when it was evidently apparent he was barely ever going to feature. Add into the fact there is a European Championships coming up this summer, surely you want playing time.
City found plenty of offers for him last summer. He refused to go.

As for the Euros, by all accounts he is in the squad no matter what so its irrelvant. Its just how much Kalvin cares himself and if he wants to earn anything more than his standard salary for actually getting on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.