The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yep, lots might be like that. Cherophobia. It’s not that some don’t want to be happy, it’s the fear of feeling happy, the risk attached to it. Something good leads to something bad & their personal word caving in. So insulate against that risk, I suppose it’s why some place emotional hedge bets, some might self sabotage. Horrible to feel that way, a huge shame as you say.
Thanks for further widening my vocabulary, mate :-)

We aren't any different to last year. With the amount of injuries we had we doing well in keeping up with Liverpool's and Arsenal's full tilt at the title.
I agree re: injuries but don’t think our squad is as strong. The new signings haven’t improved us. We aren’t scoring as many and we are not the defensive unit we were. Performance wise I don’t think we’ve hit the levels we did last year.

I agree re: injuries but don’t think our squad is as strong. The new signings haven’t improved us. We aren’t scoring as many and we are not the defensive unit we were. Performance wise I don’t think we’ve hit the levels we did last year.

This, we’ve signed four players in the summer and not a single one of them has nailed down a position in the starting 11. You take out the contributions from Gundogan and Mahrez, that’s a lot of goals and assists you have to find elsewhere. Foden has stepped up but no one else has. Gundo always turned into one of the big game players around this point of the season, next transfer window will be important addressing where City have gone backwards quality wise.

This, we’ve signed four players in the summer and not a single one of them has nailed down a position in the starting 11.
That is a bit of a pointless claim. In all our transfer windows since Pep arrived, only 2 players have ever nailed down a position in the starting 11 the year they arrived. Haaland. And (arguably) Dias.

That's two. In 18 windows. This one is hardly an exception.

Last edited:
This, we’ve signed four players in the summer and not a single one of them has nailed down a position in the starting 11. You take out the contributions from Gundogan and Mahrez, that’s a lot of goals and assists you have to find elsewhere. Foden has stepped up but no one else has. Gundo always turned into one of the big game players around this point of the season, next transfer window will be important addressing where City have gone backwards quality wise.

Gvardiol?

That is a bit of a pointless claim. In all our transfer windows since Pep arrived, only 2 players have ever nailed down a position in the starting 11 the year they arrived. Haaland. And (arguably) Dias.

That's two. In 18 windows. This one is hardly an exception.

Even a player of Bernardo's quality needed a whole season under his belt to become a regular starter.

Ake, a huge crowd favorite now, had a terrible first season, and was more on the bench than in the first XI in his second season. Stones needed years to establish himself as a firm starter. Otamendi was better than him in 17/18 and it was the Kompany/Laporte combo that helped us win the title in 18/19. Garcia and Ferna started ahead of Stones in 19/20. Was Stones a pointless signing then?

Short memories.

Games are won and lost in midfield, we have a weaker midfield hence the drop off and conceding more goals.. it’s that simple. We bought Doku and Nunes to replace two world class players and didn’t get Rice who would have strengthened us rather than the arse

Games are won and lost in midfield, we have a weaker midfield hence the drop off and conceding more goals.. it’s that simple. We bought Doku and Nunes to replace two world class players and didn’t get Rice who would have strengthened us rather than the arse
Rice is a strange one, good player on his day though. What would his role have been and who would he displace? Probably a bit too good for being a regular on the bench. Would have been interesting.

my feeling is we get Arsenal in QFs of CL which will throw a grenade into this title race. I hate it that under Pep we faced English club 3x in CL and always got eliminated (dippers QFs, Spurs QFs, vs Chelsea lost the final) and in each time the opponent was something like 10-20 points behind us in the league so we were way superior
Think I would not be adverse to drawing Arsenal. The fact they are deeply involved in the title race would assist us. It might however impact the weekend league games for both sides which could benefit the dippers. Anyway not certain they will be in the draw at all yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.