9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

People are regretting signing haaland? Have I lost my mind? Or what the fuck is going on. Regretting signing haaland ? Now ,ive come out with some mad takes on this forum in my time. But this takes the buiscuit

Some of our supporters don't deserve the best goalscorer in the world at our club.

Can't believe the disrespect he gets when he has a quiet game. The guy breaks goalscoring records for fun. He has almost a goal per game ratio in England, basically unheard of in England in the last few decades. More champions league goals than games too. We won a treble in his first season here in which he scored over 50 goals.

He misses a few chances now and again, all strikers do. He has a quiet game now and again, all strikers do. What all strikers can't do is put the ball in the net like he can.

Some of our supporters don't deserve the best goalscorer in the world at our club.

Can't believe the disrespect he gets when he has a quiet game. The guy breaks goalscoring records for fun. He has almost a goal per game ratio in England, basically unheard of in England in the last few decades. More champions league goals than games too. We won a treble in his first season here in which he scored over 50 goals.

He misses a few chances now and again, all strikers do. He has a quiet game now and again, all strikers do. What all strikers can't do is put the ball in the net like he can.
Bluemoon at times is the worst of the worst.
Each season seems to attract more of the not rights. Shame really. The modern fan has no fucking idea of what it is to support a player/Team through the good times and bad, same from some of the legacy fans but that’s just down to them being miserable cunts in general.

Every footballer who comes to City says the same thing: they look, they learn. They become better footballers. (Well, maybe not Kalvin. I think he was just a bit terrified when he saw the level that's taken for granted, in training, on match days).
That's not just Pep. It's the general coaching staff. It's the medical set-up. It's the training facilities. It's the team-mates, above all.
Erling looked simply invisible on Sunday. I think he was my greatest disappointment. But he will look, he will learn, and he will get better. That's virtually a certainty (did pretty well last year, to be fair).
Can he improve natural touch, awareness etc?..possibly marginally... undoubtedly players game awareness, knowledge, positioning, fitness, athleticism etc improve but natural ability...he will always be behind Kane for me by some distance

I think a lot of his "criticism" from our own fans is down to his unbelievably good first season. Everything he touched turned to goals. Now this season he's missed some sitters, people just expect him to be the goal machine he was last season. I think a lot of them who are saying get rid, their expectations are set too high and need a dose of reality.

Bluemoon at times is the worst of the worst.
Each season seems to attract more of the not rights. Shame really. The modern fan has no fucking idea of what it is to support a player/Team through the good times and bad, same from some of the legacy fans but that’s just down to them being miserable cunts in general.
Or....people love his attitude..but debate his impact..i think he is the world's best..in a few circumstances - problem for me is that if they do not present themselves he can look very average...but that's just an opinion from watching over 50 years of City..

I appreciate that. What I'm saying is that I believe it would have been better for the balance of the team if we had signed the 29 year old finished article rather than the raw talent.

Whether it's through injury or transfer, I don't think we'll see peak Haaland at City.

There are very good football reasons why Pep wanted Kane. There were very different commercial reasons behind the club signing Haaland and publicly pursuing Messi and Ronaldo.
I think we will see peak Haaland, the guy is a physical freak and even at a young age his body is straining, I can see him having real issues as he gets older.

I agree on Kane, it was clear he was Pep's first choice.

I do think this summer we will have a fairly substantial refresh, there may well be a few surprises.

The game is changing again, young, athletic players with great stamina and technique are becoming the norm , and we are starting to look a leggy and slow side.

Some pace in midfield and out wide will transform Haaland's effectiveness.

Also the injury he suffered at the turn of the year was far worse than we know about and is probably still affecting him, he plays very differently to this time last year and seems to be having to play within himself.

I think he is carrying a shoulder injury watch his demeanour and he is pressing anywhere near as much as he was previously, on the latest Inside City he is seen in the treatment room and it appears they are working on his left arm Might be just putting 2 and 2 together and getting 10?
100% he is nowhere near right, not sure what the problem is but I would say he is 75% fit at best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.