United Thread - 2023/24

They can only build this huge new stadium where the shit one currently stands so need to come up with a plan to knock it down in stages and build new stands while they’re still playing there. In order to fit a stand in between the pitch and the railway line, that will enable a 90k capacity, they’ll probably need to move the pitch a bit so all quite complicated.

I doubt it will happen and certainly not very quickly.
I thought the new stadium was earmarked for one of the areas of waste ground on the Trafford Park side of the swamp, probably one of those large car parks? As I understood it, ground-sharing was only an option if they decided to renovate the existing shit-tip.

Here’s a thought - let’s build a high speed railway to link the two Wembley‘s. First half of any game played at one, players nip onto train with second half played at the other. 160,000 supporters could watch 45 mins live.
It’s a tough field but the MUEN is the Beano of news outlets.

I just heard on the news that the Rags are planning to move some season ticket holders next season to make way for academy players and that going forward fans must attend 17 of 19 home league games or risk losing their season ticket.

Interesting excercise in customer relations!

England isn't big enough for two national stadiums or a "Wembley of the North". But the national stadium should have been put in a central place to start with, although that's another debate entirely......

In a few years there will be enough stadiums of high quality for cup semi finals to be moved around and played at neutral venues depending on who is involved. England games can move around the country to spread the audience.

The rags and their PR campaign can piss off. Want a new fancy stadium? Build your own you cheeky f*ckers.
Wembley should have been built on the M6 toll easy access from north and south and central

A red i know said “well you had a stadium built for you, why shouldnt we?”

Well we didnt have a stadium built for us did we. Manchester built a stadium for the commonwealth games, and we agreed to take it on as tenants post games, otherwise it would have been a total white elephant (at best) or demolished (at worse).

Our deal with the council was beneficial for both parties.
We havent had it for free.

Also, when i said “you want a ground redeveloped/rebuilt for free AGAIN” he had no idea what i meant. Gave him a clue with world cup 66? Nope. So then just told him, to which his reply was “bollocks”

Ah well
And public money was given to them to rebuild it after Uwe's grandad paid a visit in 1941

I thought the new stadium was earmarked for one of the areas of waste ground on the Trafford Park side of the swamp, probably one of those large car parks? As I understood it, ground-sharing was only an option if they decided to renovate the existing shit-tip.
I think the preferred option at the moment is to stay as close as possible to the current site so building on the current car parks a bit nearer to the rail depot but still on rag land. They probably can’t do this without having to do like Spurs and part build/part demolish as they go along because there’s not room for two stadiums side by side.

Of course this could all change because despite the stadium clearly being in need of desperate attention for years, they seemingly are only in the initial fact-finding stages. They could end up moving down the road and engage in some land-swapping exercises but Trafford Council have recently released a framework document for developing their side of the Ship canal with the rags in-situ so moving away could impact their plans.

'However, the pile-on some of our staff were subject to over the weekend was incredibly sad to witness. To be threatening people's lives yet again evidences the vile pack mentality that exists on social media.'
No Brent, the episode hightlight how vile and cultish the supporters of Manchesnited are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.