The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah I understand and Arsenal fans piss me off. Not all of us are wind up merchants/delusional. I think I read that we also have the largest online presence in some places.

Odegaard is good but no where near what KDB can do so the guy is chatting shit. In a combined XI the only players in our team getting in would be Rice and Saliba. Case could be made for Martinelli and Saka.
On current form Gabriel would get in and they'd find space for Odegaard instead of Bernardo or Foden. City's left wing isn't strong, Martinelli gets in over Doku/Grealish on current form.

On the flip side I don't think Rice gets in - if they have Rodri as the holding midfielder and they make room to put Odegaard and KDB in then they can't put Rice in as well.

Agree KDB is the daddy but Rodri is City's most important player.

Last edited:
On current form Gabriel would get in and they'd find space for Odegaard instead of Bernardo or Foden. City's left wing isn't strong, Martinelli gets in over Doku/Grealish on current form.

On the flip side I don't think Rice gets in - if they have Rodri as the holding midfielder and they make room to put Odegaard and KDB in then they can't put Rice in as well.

Agree KDB is the daddy but Rodri is City's most important player.
I think on current form I'd take our starting CB's. Rice would go in the 8 with Rodri as the 6 and KDB as the other 8.

Martinelli on the left and Foden on the right.

I think on current form I'd take our starting CB's. Rice would go in the 8 with Rodri as the 6 and KDB as the other 8.

Martinelli on the left and Foden on the right.
Pep would 10000% take Odegaard and find space for him but in return Rice wouldn't start. Odegaard would be unbelievable in that team and pairing him with KDB would be absolutely terrifying but in return they'd need to play Rodri deeper but that means no room for Rice and Rodri is the best player in the world in that role (Rice is 2nd or 3rd) so he gets in.

Pep would 10000% take Odegaard and find space for him but in return Rice wouldn't start. Odegaard would be unbelievable in that team and pairing him with KDB would be absolutely terrifying but in return they'd need to play Rodri deeper but that means no room for Rice and Rodri is the best player in the world in that role (Rice is 2nd or 3rd) so he gets in.
If you look back at player and manager of months awards since Pep rocked up you’d see that individually we have missed out on loads in comparison to what we’ve achieved.
With us it’s the sum of our parts that make us so successful. The brilliance of each player often overlooked.
You could make a case for many of your players getting in a combined 11 but I find them pointless.

Had at look at Redcafe and came across a point someone was trying to make.

Do you guys think we (Arsenal) have improved, hence why we were able to beat you this season? Or do you think you've regressed?

Neither.

Do you guys think we (Arsenal) have improved, hence why we were able to beat you this season? Or do you think you've regressed?
A bit of both

Maybe a little bit of both , but think the reason you beat us was we had a midfield of Lewis Alvarez Kovacic.

Maybe a little bit of both , but think the reason you beat us was we had a midfield of Lewis Alvarez Kovacic.
We were hardly at full strength either though. 2 of our best players were out. It's all ifs and buts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.