The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We are playing rubbish at the moment (I don’t agree but this seems to be the consensus) but may I remind everyone that we have gone 21 games unbeaten in all competitions? What happens when we start playing well, or even quite well?

I agree re: injuries but don’t think our squad is as strong. The new signings haven’t improved us. We aren’t scoring as many and we are not the defensive unit we were. Performance wise I don’t think we’ve hit the levels we did last year.
There were times we didn't look like we were going to win the treble at this stage last season either.

Some people just always like looking on the bleak side.

I get it. It’s probably a sub conscious coping mechanism after watching 40 years of shit.

Apart from the 100 point season, the same people have thrown the towel in at some point in every single title winning season.

We’re not going to win it every year. And who knows, maybe this is a year where we won’t?

But give these guys a bit of credit. There’s been more draws than we’d have liked ideally but they haven’t lost a single game across four competitions in three and a half months.

I’ve seen worse title defences. Not to mention 2 X Q/Fs still to come.

You’ve got a great chance of winning the league this season. All 3 teams who are in the race should feel confident, I just find it ironic that the team’s supporters who have gone on and done it so often are the ones who don’t tend to go overboard whereas Arsenal and liverpool fans can’t help themselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.