Season Tickets - 2024/25 | New Flexi Golds for Cityzens - Fri 10th May

It is what it is, nothing we can do about it. However, once Pep leaves and the success dwindles down, the club will find themselves in a very awkward position of expensive ticket prices and empty seats.
Then that’s on them, we havent got 650 million fans around the world or planes full from Ireland and Norway flying in every game and I doubt we ever will, our fan base will be more global than that, trouble with that is Burnley on a wet Wednesday night and 20% of the ground could be empty. If Pep stays for 20 years we may have a chance of making the Ethiad a place to visit like Old Trafford is for tourists and I don’t just mean football tourists, if he doesn’t and we drop off significantly like Chelsea seem to have done then I reckon season tickets might start getting issued again, that’s when you know they are struggling.

I just don't get this thinking about the "loyal legacy fans", surely they're earning a lot more than when we were crap? If not then how is that the clubs fault that they can't can't afford modern day prices that are no different to anywhere else?

If you add up home games, away games, cup games, an expanded CL next season, Wembley, increased food, drink, travel, transport, etc prices over a season, watching football Is a lot more expensive than it used to be, even taking wage rises into consideration. That doesn't include the cost of living increases across the board. If most City fans could get an away ticket they would go away as well.

Most people don't go to a restaurant, a theatre, a night club, or out on the beer every week or every two weeks. Sometimes there are 3 matches in a week. And 2 matches a week on a regular basis.

Yes and maybe there are people who could afford it and now can’t, or it’s causing them to have to cut back in other areas. These are hard times and your ungracious attitude fucking stinks. One of the most (two now) horrible and smug posts I have ever seen in here.
Unfortunately it's life, if you can't afford something you have to drop it and pick and choose your games as a member.

If you add up home games, away games, cup games, an expanded CL next season, Wembley, increased food, drink, travel, transport, etc prices over a season, watching football Is a lot more expensive than it used to be, even taking wage rises into consideration. That doesn't include the cost of living increases across the board. If most City fans could get an away ticket they would go away as well.

Most people don't go to a restaurant, a theatre, a night club, or out on the beer every week or every two weeks. Sometimes there are 3 matches in a week. And 2 matches a week on a regular basis.
Fair points.

Reactions: jrb
Yes and maybe there are people who could afford it and now can’t, or it’s causing them to have to cut back in other areas. These are hard times and your ungracious attitude fucking stinks. One of the most (two now) horrible and smug posts I have ever seen in here.
Put him in ignore he’s a troll of the highest order.

I’m probably just too cynical but the fact arsenal and spurs have both raised season ticket prices and are removing concession tickets strikes me as too much of a coincidence.

I fully expect most clubs to copy this pricing strategy. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if there was an element of collusion across the league to implement such a change tbh
Yer can never be TOO cynical. Yer cannot take a full 'n active part spectating the national sport without a substantial balance sheet of cynicism!

The big difference is that the Arse have always been money grabbing bastards and I suspect that Haringey have a financial stadium burden round their neck which Levy wants the fans to fund.

Then that’s on them, we havent got 650 million fans around the world or planes full from Ireland and Norway flying in every game and I doubt we ever will, our fan base will be more global than that, trouble with that is Burnley on a wet Wednesday night and 20% of the ground could be empty. If Pep stays for 20 years we may have a chance of making the Ethiad a place to visit like Old Trafford is for tourists and I don’t just mean football tourists, if he doesn’t and we drop off significantly like Chelsea seem to have done then I reckon season tickets might start getting issued again, that’s when you know they are struggling.
City won't drop off like that. Our success is not just down to Pep. It's down to the whole infrastructure from to to bottom. Obviously we might have a bad season or two or appoint a wrong manager.But the trajectory of the club will remain the same as long as the ownership model remains the same: growth.

Sorry, but there's nothing horrible or smug in their post, it's just reality. People have been struggling for 3 or 4 years with keeping their houses warm and lit, going to a football match is a pure luxury.

City won't drop off like that. Our success is not just down to Pep. It's down to the whole infrastructure from to to bottom. Obviously we might have a bad season or two or appoint a wrong manager.But the trajectory of the club will remain the same as long as the ownership model remains the same: growth.
id like to think that also but it doesn’t take much for things to go wrong, a couple of wrong managers, not winning a league for a few years etc, then we don’t become as attractive to support, everything is cyclical, let’s face it we are 16 years in and doing well, get Pep signed for another 16 and then we should be ok.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.