FA Cup Semi-Final | City v Chelsea | Sat 20 Apr 5:15pm SOLD OUT

Who do you want in the Semi Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just been informed it’ll be 3pm Saturday. That’s come from a source involved in planning the transport arrangements. Don’t shoot the messenger if it turns out to be wrong!
When you say planning travel arrangements do you mean he’s making sure they all go on strike?

When you say planning travel arrangements do you mean he’s making sure they all go on strike?

There’s just been a bunch of strikes announced around the time of the Palace game.

If their past record is anything to go off, they tend to leave a good couple of months between weeks of industrial action.

So hopefully that’ll be it until the end of the season.

I only get to to 7 or 8 games a year tickets permitting and train costs,hope to get a ticket for the semi final,but back in my younger days the 80s watching city was like you had to be there jumping the train from Newcastle and hoping ya mam wd bulk buy persil washing powder so you cd get cheaper rail tickets happy days
I know the guy who runs the North East Branch if you want me to put you in touch mate, to increase your chances of cup final tickets for future seasons. Dm me if interested.

Just goes to show that there is no ‘right’ time for a kick off. People hang on to the 3pm Saturday as if it is sacred. But it’s about nothing more than tradition. The actual reason it became the default time has long since been overtaken by changes in lifestyle and working hours.

Many people prefer an early kick off, to open up the rest of the day. Others prefer a late kick so they can get stuff done beforehand.

They’ll be hundreds of posts on here in the next couple of days moaning about the kick off time of the semi, no matter what time it is.

Not that a bit of moaning particularly bothers me. We all want what suits us personally to happen.

It’s when people start declaring what the kick off time “should be” as if they speak for all fans, that slightly irks me.
Fully agreed

I know the guy who runs the North East Branch if you want me to put you in touch mate, to increase your chances of cup final tickets for future seasons. Dm me if interested.
So you’re really saying anyone who gets in a supporters club can get ticket priority over people with season tickets with thousands of points and on the cup scheme? Or is this some kind of wind up?

Pretty straightforward to move Coventry’s game to Wednesday if necessary. Still over a month away so not as if it’s especially short notice.
A month is very short notice to people booking trains and coaches or accomodation if thinking of staying over.

the fixtures should have already been announced, not at the whim of itv/bbc

So you’re really saying anyone who gets in a supporters club can get ticket priority over people with season tickets with thousands of points and on the cup scheme? Or is this some kind of wind up?
That's been the case as long as I can recall. Look at the sales criteria for away matches...."From this allocation, the following groups will receive tickets for this match: Season Ticket Members on the FA Cup Scheme, Seasonal Hospitality Members, Owner, Board of Directors, Football Management, Players, Club Officials and Staff, Former Players, Club Partners, and the Man City Supporters Club."

That still doesn't mean you WILL get a ticket if you're in your local branch, as it depends on the number of tickets allocated, but it is one of the "benefits" of joining.

A month is very short notice to people booking trains and coaches or accomodation if thinking of staying over.

the fixtures should have already been announced, not at the whim of itv/bbc
Coventry are playing Hull at home that night. Agree that people shouldn’t be inconvenienced but I doubt that vast numbers of Hull fans would be thinking of staying over for that one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.