Ticket Sales Criteria - Real Madrid and FA Cup Semi?

I work for myself so can take 12 months of the year off if I want, understand those who work for an employer have limited holidays so obviously family comes first, very fortunate I can go every domestic and European away so let’s not criticise with cost of living and other household bills it’s very expensive to follow city as well. Even though I do the lot it makes me no better supporter than those who can not go but would love to

Did you go any this season as that is also included in the criteria

Nope, the cost of staying over and 2 days holiday it's to expansive now. Was waiting for the knock out stages. Shame you cant accumulate them over 5 or 6 seasons.

Its becoming harder each season to get tickets sadly. I can see me being priced out pretty soon.

Than I watch on tv seeing loads of half n half scarfs. It leaves a bitter taste after 60 odd years. Price of success I guess

Last edited:
For CL home games i think recent attendance in the competition is a good way to do it. If a Cityzens member has made the effort to go Belgrade and Young Boys at home in the group seems fair that they should get some form of priority on a quarter final v Madrid
I doubt fairness is the only reason.

It's almost certainly the fact that the club finds the early CL games more difficult to sell than league games. This is a neat way for them to avoid the criticism from last year, and encourage a few people who miss out, to go the group games next year.

It's fair to say the club have made some controversial decisions on ticket sales criteria for some of the big games over the last year or so. The Champions League home semi was a free for all and lots missed out. We didn't sell out an FA Cup semi. Then we sold out a Charity shield.

There's two big ones comng up. What criteria do you think we should be offering? Here's my take:

Real Madrid -

1 day for Season Ticket Holders not on the CL Scheme
0.5 day Citizens who've attended 10 matches +
0.5 days Citizens whove attended 5 matches +
If any remain All Citizens.

FA Cup Semi

1 day Season Ticket holder on CL Scheme
1 day all Season Ticket Holders
After that all Citizens and also one extra ticket to all Season Ticket Holders.

What does everyone else think? I'm pretty convinced they'll make a mess of it by opening RM out to all citizens including new ones and then imposing too-strict criteria for Chelsea.
It's looking better for the Real Madrid game, they have staggered the times for Cityzen members who have been to 5 then 3 then 1 game over the last 2 seasons, let's see if it works better than the balls up last season.

I work for myself so can take 12 months of the year off if I want, understand those who work for an employer have limited holidays so obviously family comes first, very fortunate I can go every domestic and European away so let’s not criticise with cost of living and other household bills it’s very expensive to follow city as well. Even though I do the lot it makes me no better supporter than those who can not go but would love to
Too true mate. Over a season it really does add up, some people have to pick and choose due to their stretched finances.

Overall, a good set of prices. But people in blocks 132 and 140 keep getting screwed by the reclassification of those blocks as being Colin Bell Stand and East Stand respectively. The corresponding corners at the other end of the ground are classed as South Stand and are thus paying £38 if on the cup scheme. We are being charged £53. Come on City, it's time to return those blocks to the North Stand.
Well said pal. I'm on the CL cup scheme this season so am in my seat in 132 ,which is £48 for an over 65 ticket.
Last year I went to the RM semi and bought a seat about 20 seats further round into the North Stand and it was about £20 cheaper for what is essentially the same view.

Pisses the fuck off with me that Blues can't go to games,through money or health or whatever.
I'v had mates go who have sinced passed but went seriously ill to the end,others scraping money to go.

Looking at the criteria again,
What’s the difference between purchase and attended.
I buy me and my mates tickets and assign them to him.
If it is just purchases then my mate won’t be able to go coz I buy his?
Just want to make sure

Last edited:
Pisses the fuck off with me that Blues can't go to games,through money or health or whatever.
I'v had mates go who have sinced passed but went seriously ill to the end,others scraping money to go.

I was looking forward to going as we couldnt last season. The seasons before we never had problems getting tickets.

If it always going to be criteria I guess I have seen my last cl game.

I cant afford to go group games and than knock out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.