Ticket Sales Criteria - Real Madrid and FA Cup Semi?

Didsbury Dave

It's fair to say the club have made some controversial decisions on ticket sales criteria for some of the big games over the last year or so. The Champions League home semi was a free for all and lots missed out. We didn't sell out an FA Cup semi. Then we sold out a Charity shield.

There's two big ones comng up. What criteria do you think we should be offering? Here's my take:

Real Madrid -

1 day for Season Ticket Holders not on the CL Scheme
0.5 day Citizens who've attended 10 matches +
0.5 days Citizens whove attended 5 matches +
If any remain All Citizens.

FA Cup Semi

1 day Season Ticket holder on CL Scheme
1 day all Season Ticket Holders
After that all Citizens and also one extra ticket to all Season Ticket Holders.

What does everyone else think? I'm pretty convinced they'll make a mess of it by opening RM out to all citizens including new ones and then imposing too-strict criteria for Chelsea.

What does everyone else think? I'm pretty convinced they'll make a mess of it by opening RM out to all citizens including new ones and then imposing too-strict criteria for Chelsea.
I personally think that due to the bad PR they got from the ticket criteria last year, they won't open it to all citizens straight away.

I think your criteria is ideal, but they'll probably just require 5 games straight away.

And it doesn't matter anyway, because I'm sure they'll sell thousands via other means in any case

It's fair to say the club have made some controversial decisions on ticket sales criteria for some of the big games over the last year or so. The Champions League home semi was a free for all and lots missed out. We didn't sell out an FA Cup semi. Then we sold out a Charity shield.

There's two big ones comng up. What criteria do you think we should be offering? Here's my take:

Real Madrid -

FA Cup Semi

I think because the RM tie is a 'glamorous' one that will attract new customers, they will deliberately keep it as a free for all in order to increase membership and individual customer spend on the night. Might do something with the semi-final because (a) then they can claim fan interests are important (b) increasing match day revenues not relevant.

I think because the RM tie is a 'glamorous' one that will attract new customers, they will deliberately keep it as a free for all in order to increase membership and individual customer spend on the night. Might do something with the semi-final because (a) then they can claim fan interests are important (b) increasing match day revenues not relevant.
When they did that last year, my lads, who've been to hundreds of matches but aren't allowed to buy a season ticket, were in the scrum. I sat on hold all morning and finally got through, and there were a tiny number of tickets left. When I tried to check out there was a bug in the software that said they weren't eligible even though they were. By the time it was sorted out they were all gone. It really was a mess. I can't believe the club won't at least open up some window for them and their equivalents. They've not missed a home game in any competition all season.

If they want to sell a load more Citizens to toursts and day trippers they can still do that.

When they did that last year, my lads, who've been to hundreds of matches but aren't allowed to buy a season ticket, were in the scrum. I sat on hold all morning and finally got through, and there were a tiny number of tickets left. When I tried to check out there was a bug in the software that said they weren't eligible even though they were. By the time it was sorted out they were all gone. It really was a mess. I can't believe the club won't at least open up some window for them and their equivalents. They've not missed a home game in any competition all season.

If they want to sell a load more Citizens to toursts and day trippers they can still do that.

It was an absolute mess and we were in the same boat as your lads. I hope you're right and my cynicism is misplaced. It would be interesting to see if tightening the criteria, so there were obviously going to be less tickets available in the general scrum, results in a reduced number of new tourists willing to take a punt on buying membership.

Criteria: Anybody under the age of 25 who films themselves watching the game get first dabs. 2nd dabs is JCLs who have decided last week that they just love The Ciddy and don't mind paying 450 quid for a ticket.The rest to be fought over by phoning the inept ticket office or using a website not fit for purpose.

Real Madrid -

FA Cup Semi

Makes way too much sense for the club to even consider

Criteria: Anybody under the age of 25 who films themselves watching the game get first dabs. 2nd dabs is JCLs who have decided last week that they just love The Ciddy and don't mind paying 450 quid for a ticket.The rest to be fought over by phoning the inept ticket office or using a website not fit for purpose.
What about the person who procures a half and half scarf?

Wish they would consider attendance rather than purchases. For example my junior citizen son will have only had about 3 or 4 games on his purchase history this season but there are other times he has attended via my dad's ticket being transferred to him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.