Avanti west coast trains

But a base of £67,000 per year isn't poor though is it, especially if there are two household incomes? Not enough to have money to burn, but as a regular base salary for the type of job, it seems fair.
I thought the £67k figure was only at some of the larger TOCs (such as Avanti) with drivers at Northern, TFW and others on significantly less. Not poorly paid but nowhere near £67k.

I see they've given their drivers a huge increase in pay for "overtime", a 380% increase.

I wonder how that will impact on fares ?

Where’s this 380% come from ?
Doesn’t sound right.

Maths not my strong suit. The figure quoted in The Times is £600 per day off worked. What would that have put them on previously?

bbc article.

The article I’ve seen on the BBC says currently it’s between £421 and £495, depending on how long the shift is. Going up to £600 with the new agreement.

At the higher figure, that’s what, about 20%?

They've obviously changed from what I read 24 hours ago then, and I'm not going to get into an argument about what I read.
I read the same Cleavers, up from £125 to £600, which is where the 380% increase came from. At first glance, it looked a little excessive and I wondered why such an increase was warranted.

I read the same Cleavers, up from £125 to £600, which is where the 380% increase came from. At first glance, it looked a little excessive and I wondered why such an increase was warranted.

I noticed the article I read had been updated.

Someone from the BBC obviously skim read the original article in The Times, and saw the £125 figure and stopped reading.

If they’d read it properly they would have seen that the £125 is a set additional fee for working a day off. But then they get paid for the actual time worked on top. Bringing it up to over £400.

I love my job. When i started I was trained by a BR man who showed me the importance of public service.

The business model is fucked up to guarantee huge profits to the "stakeholders" with bare minimum invested in rolling stock, train maintenance, staffing and station improvements.

Train refurbishment has been put on hold in my company. "We're not paying for it and the DFT won't either."

The director who was responsible for that free money presentation has moved to another company on a bigger wage.

With the huge cuts in Network Rail staffing there's been a increase in land slips and track defects.

I'm worried it's going to have to take another huge rail disaster on one of the London bound routes to finally expose the bullshit and legislation put in to stop it happening again. Rather than concentrate on those issues it's easier to vilify front line staff who are the ones that actually give a fuck about the industry and the piss poor service the public get. We're the ones in the uniform so we get the shit whilst the people making the decision sit in their offices miles away from the nearest station they are responsible for.

The whole lot should be under direct operations control. Not the DFT bringing first group and others on management contracts giving them billions of our tax money to dance to their tune.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.