Avanti west coast trains

2027. Probably just in time for us to move. Would have been useful for Wembley!

Hopefully it lowers prices though if there is competition.

Not really competition though. Lumo is First Group and First Group is also the majority owner of Avanti.
The only way it potentially becomes competitive is if the Avanti operation is renationalised as per Labour's current policy pledge should they win the election.

Don't rely on them for the cup final.

They are sending out messages they won't be able to cope with the amount of fans expected to travel with them.

They've asked my employer to strengthen trains between Manchester and Sheffield to help.

Wouldn't surprise me if they cancel a few on Thursday and blame the staff as they don't get fined for doing so.

Don't rely on them for the cup final.

They are sending out messages they won't be able to cope with the amount of fans expected to travel with them.

They've asked my employer to strengthen trains between Manchester and Sheffield to help.

Wouldn't surprise me if they cancel a few on Thursday and blame the staff as they don't get fined for doing so.
got e-mither this morning titled 'changes to your journey'. I#m getting into London 10mins later than advertised.

Prices have risen significantly for Avanti Advanced Tickets from London to Manchester Piccadilly for the new Season. Saturday's used to be a lot cheaper than Sunday's but this Season we are looking at £100+ to get to the Etihad and back for the first few Saturday 3pm kick off's - wasn't long back you would pay under £50 return and more recently less than £70 - now you're looking at £109-£126... and that's as soon as the tickets are released (26th Oct just released) i've used Transplit a few times to reduce the fares, but that means an extended journey time of an hour at least for sometimes half the price charged by Avanti - trouble is, some of the alternative trains are CrossCounty and they have announced they are reducing their timetable... My 10th Season of a regular Etihad Season Ticket and cost of the trains could be pricing me out for future years...

Prices have risen significantly for Avanti Advanced Tickets from London to Manchester Piccadilly for the new Season. Saturday's used to be a lot cheaper than Sunday's but this Season we are looking at £100+ to get to the Etihad and back for the first few Saturday 3pm kick off's - wasn't long back you would pay under £50 return and more recently less than £70 - now you're looking at £109-£126... and that's as soon as the tickets are released (26th Oct just released) i've used Transplit a few times to reduce the fares, but that means an extended journey time of an hour at least for sometimes half the price charged by Avanti - trouble is, some of the alternative trains are CrossCounty and they have announced they are reducing their timetable... My 10th Season of a regular Etihad Season Ticket and cost of the trains could be pricing me out for future years...

There's a period of time in September when several platforms at Piccadilly are shut for the ongoing roof repairs, so Avanti are required to reduce their service from 3 to 2 trains per hour. This will explain the reduction of advance fares as less seats will mean reduced availability.

Well, late October Tickets just went on Sale today for the Southampton match and they seem to be running a 'normal' service and the cheapest ticket outward from London was £50 at 9.13 - just after 9.30ish they are all £76.30 for one way! Let''s hope it settles down for the late Autumn/Winter games....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.