Bernard Halford

Had he told the truth about fiddling the gates he'd have been incriminating himself

I may have mentioned it elsewhere, but he was a regular in our local back in the day. I asked him once, how come whichever regime we have in charge, and others go, he always remains?
His reply with a wink was, 'Because I know where all the bodies are buried'. ;-)

I may have mentioned it elsewhere, but he was a regular in our local back in the day. I asked him once, how come whichever regime we have in charge, and others go, he always remains?
His reply with a wink was, 'Because I know where all the bodies are buried'. ;-)
And he wasn't wrong!

He really should have written a book it would have made fascinating reading I'm sure.
It was a chilly afternoon in November when PJ Swales and Freddie Pye came into my office with an idea of how to handle receipts taken on cash turnstiles. I couldn't believe we hadn't though of it before...

Last edited:
It was a chilly afternoon in November when PJ Swales and Freddie Pye came into my office with an idea of how to handle receipts taken on cah turnstiles. I couldn't believe we hadn't though of it before...
Chapter 11
One Saturday in May 1999
"Just got home from working overtime today as the tickets for the play off final went on sale. Can't believe how smoothly it all went and every fan served within 35 mins of arriving outside the ticket office".

Chapter 11
One Saturday in May 1999
"Just got home from working overtime today as the tickets for the play off final went on sale. Can't believe how smoothly it all went and every fan served within 35 mins of arriving outside the ticket office".
…. I remember the walls right through the North Stand having abuse aimed at incompetent Bernie whilst queuing!

Going back to the 1990's, I think most of them corpses were on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.