Bob Dylan

Mazzarelli's Swiss Cheese

Just my opinion, before the soft tw@ts start......
Team supported
FC Zurich (and city of course)
.....is fucking crap, discuss. I've given him a fair hearing, but as far as I can tell he's a crap singer, pretty shit on the guitar but some of his lyrics are ok.
I reckon if it wasn't for him, his audiences and the folks buying his records all being stoned out their box we'd probably never have heard of him and he'd be a hobo or crack head.
Am I being unfair?

.....is fucking crap, discuss. I've given him a fair hearing, but as far as I can tell he's a crap singer, pretty shit on the guitar but some of his lyrics are ok.
I reckon if it wasn't for him, his audiences and the folks buying his records all being stoned out their box we'd probably never have heard of him and he'd be a hobo or crack head.
Am I being unfair?
Judas!

Am I being unfair?

‘’I don’t believe you, you’re a liar !’’

anyway, Blonde on Blonde + Highway 61 are on a different planet to anything else for me, especially lyrically - he’s had a few god awful albums along the way but still worthy of his place amongst the music gods.

My dad loves listening to Dylan, although I must admit there's only a few songs of his I enjoy.

He's renowned for being a brilliant lyricist, not necessarily a musician.

How the hell did he receive the Nobel prize for Literature a few years back? I mean the awards committee must have been stoned. Voice of a generation in the early 60s? Possibly to the pretentious, hippies and the counter culture.

How the hell did he receive the Nobel prize for Literature a few years back? I mean the awards committee must have been stoned. Voice of a generation in the early 60s? Possibly to the pretentious, hippies and the counter culture.
Pretty much how I see it. Morrissey is probably a better lyricist and only slightly more up his own arse.

He's a lot better than most of the Manchester crowd that many on here seem to laud - none of them can sing, Ian Brown especially.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.