Bob Dylan

I agree, never understood the adulation, shite voice (unless he was being ironic), and average songs.

lucky most music critics were off their tits on LSD, weed and coke at the time, people thought his quite generic lyrics were poetry and generational.
Shame no one in the music industry at the time took him under their wing and explained to the lad that he's more of a Bernie Taupin than an Elton John and just got him to give his lyrics to some **** that could hold a tune.
Hilarious really that the flower power generation that prided themselves on perceptiveness and social awareness were scammed en mass by a tramp with a drug problem.

Last edited:
He's a lot better than most of the Manchester crowd that many on here seem to laud - none of them can sing, Ian Brown especially.
If you look deeper there isn't many Mancunian singers, can think of 3-4

Ian Brown certainly isn't one the wool ****, and yes he is shite and vocally worse than dylan

One of the most covered artists of all time. Ask Jimi Hendrix, Nina Simone, Elvis Presley, George Harrison, Rod Stewart, Bruce Springsteen, Cher, Adele, Bryan Ferry, Chrissie Hynde, Sinead O'Conner, Lou Reed, Willie Nelson, The Clash, The Waterboys to name a few. David Bowie even wrote a song in honour of the man.

Fwiw I like him too.

.....is fucking crap, discuss. I've given him a fair hearing, but as far as I can tell he's a crap singer, pretty shit on the guitar but some of his lyrics are ok.
I reckon if it wasn't for him, his audiences and the folks buying his records all being stoned out their box we'd probably never have heard of him and he'd be a hobo or crack head.
Am I being unfair?
If he's crap where does that leave the derivative, bland, turgid, 'Dad rock' which makes up the overwhelming majority of the 'Madchester' shite?.

Shame no one in the music industry at the time took him under their wing and explained to the lad that he's more of a Bernie Taupin than an Elton John and just got him to give his lyrics to some **** that could hold a tune.
Hilarious really that the flower power generation that prided themselves on perceptiveness and social awareness for scammed en mass by a tramp with a drug problem.
Been making music for 65 years and still touring and selling out shows, musical genius

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.