Booze blues

Manc in London

In the last couple of years, I have become increasingly anxious the next day after having four or more beers. When I wake up I just have this gnawing feeling that I have done something wrong and feel bad about it. It lasts for pretty much the whole day. It's a horrible feeling. Just to be clear, I don't act in a way that should make me feel anxious and guilty. I am certainly not obnoxious, rude or aggressive (at my height and weight I cannot afford to be). Neither am I am naturally anxious. It ruins the following day. I'd rather have a headache.

Anyone else suffer with this?

My drink of choice is mainly Guinness (not as expensive as most other beers down here). Not sure if this is linked to the anxiety. Any drinks known for avoiding these feelings?

In the last couple of years, I have become increasingly anxious the next day after having four or more beers. When I wake up I just have this gnawing feeling that I have done something wrong and feel bad about it. It lasts for pretty much the whole day. It's a horrible feeling. Just to be clear, I don't act in a way that should make me feel anxious and guilty. I am certainly not obnoxious, rude or aggressive (at my height and weight I cannot afford to be). Neither am I am naturally anxious. It ruins the following day. I'd rather have a headache.

My drink of choice is mainly Guinness (not as expensive as most other beers down here). Not sure if this is linked to the anxiety. Any drinks known for avoiding these feelings?
Tea

Try drinking seven or eight beers.

Hair of the dog should sort that.

Really though... its a side effect of alcohol, nothing unusual at all. Id suggest taking a break from alcohol and seeing if you miss it or not and if its worth the anxiety the next day.
Lots of help available online if you think you'd struggle as I know it can be hard, especially in this country where everything revolves around booze

Hair of the dog should sort that.

Really though... its a side effect of alcohol, nothing unusual at all. Id suggest taking a break from alcohol and seeing if you miss it or not and if its worth the anxiety the next day.
Lots of help available online if you think you'd struggle as I know it can be hard, especially in this country where everything revolves around booze

To be clear, I don't have alcohol issues. I try to drink no more than three times a month and I very rarely drink at home and never drink alone. I only drink socially.

I wouldn't take hair of the dog. I cannot cope with consecutive days drinking!

It is a well documented side effect of alcohol I'm afraid, I suffer from the same thing. Do you have problems remembering what you did the previous evening ?

Even if I don't drink a substantial amount (let's say four Guinness - I avoid the +5% beers), I suffer some memory loss. More fine detail of conversations rather than forgetting chunks of the evening.

It's fairly new to me and I drink less now than I ever used to.

Maybe just drink alcohol free Guinness in future?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.