Real Madrid post match post mortem

I see a lot of people complaining about KDB and the rest with our corners/set pieces. I get it but our guys in the middle have to take some responsibility.

Watch the scousers…VVD consistently gets his head to balls that are nothing more than a hopeful cross. He’s dominant.

Our CBs are simply far too passive both defensively and when in the opposition box. We have some right fucking units but they can’t win a header when defending against dwarf strikers, it’s hardly a shock that they also fail to win anything in an attacking sense.
All down to coaching and our set piece coach is stealing a living

This is interesting but how many times have we dominated teams and not won/gone thru.

Then you watch the rags who get outplayed and are dominated in terms of possession and chances a lot and they go and get a result.

Once a season you could accept as an anomaly but its too often an occurrence… even when we win its by slim margins relative to the possession/chances…. Think Pep needs to look at this, its only going to get worse if we dont change our approach
We are pretty successful with Paps approach. I don't think it needs too much tweaking.
Maybe decide what he wants Phil to do is a priority. Seems like he has waistcoats problem of shoe-horning Kev and Phil in the same team.
Sometimes football is cruel, tonight was one of those nights. The best team lost!

Must be nice to lose and feel great. Not a feeling I like...never have never will no matter what it is...rumbelows cup, simod cup, UCL..

Let people vent
Nah, there's venting cos we lost and venting calling out players, manager and game plan.

Nowt wrong with tonight apart from the obvious.
Madrid were extremely fucking fortunate to stay in that and win the shootout, even Rudiger fucking slipped and his pen went in of the post!

Referee was fucking awful, falling for their multiple head and face injuries which were non existent.
He pulled back Doku for a flailing accidental brush of the nose when he was breaking away, terrible decision.
Got hit by the ball twice when in our possession, missed a finger tip save over the bar and gave a GK.
Blew for a dead ball when it never went out and we were attacking!

He was very pro RM and gave us nowt.

Just fucking unlucky tonight, that second half and ET was a masterclass in keeping the ball away from a dangerous opponent but we just didn't get the break in getting the goal.

Their goal tonight was after a brilliant reflex save which fell right to the attacker, 2 deflections in the first leg too.

Over 2 legs everything fell for them and nothing for us, just fucking unlucky.

Well played Blues.

pep just said akanji, kdb and haaland asked to be subbed off

5 years of going hard in every competition, We all need to calm down and take it like winners and champions.

Treble winners
Super cup
World club trophy

Not many teams in world football can stand up to what we have done and achieved and still be going for more
Absolutely 100% spot on. I said something similar a few days ago, that I was surprised that we were in contention for anything at all this season, let alone in the later states of three major competitions. To me it's nothing short of incredible, especially bearing in mind where we had come from, and that's why I get so pissed off at the whingers. After the takeover I thought it we win the FA Cup a couple of times and are in contention for a CL place it would be more than I ever thought possible not so long ago. I'm still amazed at how far we have come in a relatively short time.

The Haaland currently being picked is an imposter.

Complete shadow to last years player.

Can't trap a ball, hold it up or pass, let alone score.

Like you say, possibly not fit at all.
Haaland.... I just don't know how he gets picked. Ashamed to say it but he's just a non entity this year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.