90's Dance & Old Skool Classics

And yeah, so this was No 1.
I was never a big fan at the time, I recall thinking it was a bit of a gimmick track tbh.

Anyway, here’s the full 10 min version of French Kiss.

Anyone else got any big tunes from 89 that aren’t featured in this Top 10 ?
I did love Get Real by Paul Rutherford from Frankie, Beloved’s Sun Rising, Roxanne Shante’s Sharp As a Knife, and The Mackenzie’s Party People, to name a few.

That Beloved one is a proper tune.

6am on the hotel balcony with a spliff and a rum and coke after just getting in from a mad night.

I know it’s not 90s either but …

Since the Sunday night at the end of 1989 it was first broadcast this has been in my top 3 mixes of all time. @Nightmare Walking you’ll know better than me, but I’m sure this is pre-recorded, and carefully edited to sound as good and smooth as this with so many tunes included, but to me it’s a work of art. Not just the transitions but the actual track selection, this is a proper representation of house music in 1989.

From the first second to the final echoes of Pacific State it’s an absolute joy.

He’ll never be forgotten, not by me anyway. RIP.

His house hour was 1-2am on a Sunday night/Monday morning as I recall. I used to record them all on BASF tapes which were incredibly shit and hand me downs but they did the trick and I had the most ridiculous, uncomfortable headphones. I’ve the best of 87 and 88 up in the loft I think, if I can find them I’ll have to work out how to digitise them.

His house hour was 1-2am on a Sunday night/Monday morning as I recall. I used to record them all on BASF tapes which were incredibly shit and hand me downs but they did the trick and I had the most ridiculous, uncomfortable headphones. I’ve the best of 87 and 88 up in the loft I think, if I can find them I’ll have to work out how to digitise them.
That would be amazing to hear the two of them as I’ve never come across those or seen mention of them, on YouTube, Mixcloud etc.

I started listening regularly in 89 and he had the 7-10pm Sunday slot by then, Bus Dis, Souled Out, then the House hour to finish, but I do have memory of listening to him occasionally before that and yeah I’m sure it was some crazy slot like 1am-4am.

Get your arse up in that loft mate :)

I know it’s not 90s either but …

Since the Sunday night at the end of 1989 it was first broadcast this has been in my top 3 mixes of all time. @Nightmare Walking you’ll know better than me, but I’m sure this is pre-recorded, and carefully edited to sound as good and smooth as this with so many tunes included, but to me it’s a work of art. Not just the transitions but the actual track selection, this is a proper representation of house music in 1989.

From the first second to the final echoes of Pacific State it’s an absolute joy.

He’ll never be forgotten, not by me anyway. RIP.

Had a listen to the full thing yesterday. Mind blowing. The Pump up the Jam into Pacific part at the end is magic.

Top find mate :)

Get your arse up in that loft mate :)
Been up in the loft and found Stu Allan’s best of house 1988 mix. I can’t find 1987. I did previously transfer this over using wetransfer but I’ve lost the tape machine I specifically bought from aldi to do that!! And it expired in 2015 on wetransfer ffs!!

Been up in the loft and found Stu Allan’s best of house 1988 mix. I can’t find 1987. I did previously transfer this over using wetransfer but I’ve lost the tape machine I specifically bought from aldi to do that!! And it expired in 2015 on wetransfer ffs!!

Get the tape uploaded on Mixcloud somehow, then sit back and watch me and @chesterbells burst into fucking flames.

Get the tape uploaded on Mixcloud somehow, then sit back and watch me and @chesterbells burst into fucking flames.
Not got many tapes left but glad I kept that one. Used to tape Stu Allan, on the Wire on Radio Lancashire, isometric dance class, 808 show on sunset, Gary Hickson on Radio Lancashire. It’s a wonder I found time to study!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.