Mangala

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zaba and kompany were poor too. Hard for a guy to come into a new team and new league when most of the defenders around you look as lost as you and a manager constantly tinkering with the back line.

What club is going to come in and take him for close to what we payed for him after the season he's had? Non starter imo, needs more time.

Given that both are involved with Mendes (Mendes isn't Otamendi's agent but is handling his move), my thinking is some sort of swap deal. Mangala was reported to be one of Valencia's possible targets not long ago. Mendes wields incredible power over clubs like Valencia and Atletico. VCF want £36m for Otamendi so, let's say we were interested in this, we could save face with a straight swap since we'd be pretty much getting our money back.

Otamendi last season was better than any of our centre-backs since Kompany 2011/12 and would be an incredible signing. He's not old at 27, even though anything over 26 is considered old by some when considering signings for some reason. But Mangala has the raw ability to become something special. Or he could never fulfill that potential. I guess, again if there's anything to this, City face a dilemma. Trust in Mangala to become what he can or sign a real leader of men who is only 27 and perfect for the English game.

Also, if Denayer really is as good as everyone seems to think, he could take on Mangala's role of young protégé.

Personally I'd be sad if we sold Mangala though, despite being a huge Otamendi fan. It'd just seem very fickle.

Last edited:
It's way too early to give up on Mangala, in a couple of years when his decision making is on par with his physical ability he will be one of the best CBs in the world.

He just needs some patience, I wouldn't swap the competence of Otamendi for the potential of Mangala.

No deal.

I would not get rid so soon, I think he will reach his potential with us, We would only end up having to spend shed loads on more risky potential or older established players , we have put our money down for him, so should give him time . I thought he was great at times next to Demichelis last season.

I would not get rid so soon, I think he will reach his potential with us, We would only end up having to spend shed loads on more risky potential or older established players , we have put our money down for him, so should give him time . I thought he was great at times next to Demichelis last season.
On the money

Given that both are involved with Mendes (Mendes isn't Otamendi's agent but is handling his move), my thinking is some sort of swap deal. Mangala was reported to be one of Valencia's possible targets not long ago. Mendes wields incredible power over clubs like Valencia and Atletico. VCF want £36m for Otamendi so, let's say we were interested in this, we could save face with a straight swap since we'd be pretty much getting our money back.

Otamendi last season was better than any of our centre-backs since Kompany 2011/12 and would be an incredible signing. He's not old at 27, even though anything over 26 is considered old by some when considering signings for some reason. But Mangala has the raw ability to become something special. Or he could never fulfill that potential. I guess, again if there's anything to this, City face a dilemma. Trust in Mangala to become what he can or sign a real leader of men who is only 27 and perfect for the English game.

Also, if Denayer really is as good as everyone seems to think, he could take on Mangala's role of young protégé.

Personally I'd be sad if we sold Mangala though, despite being a huge Otamendi fan. It'd just seem very fickle.

Fair enough! I suppose it would make sense to focus on one of denayer or mangala and try to develop them to reach their potential. Will be hard getting both of them the required game time to develop at their ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.