Not open for further replies.
Guess this is down to
a) The sale of Benteke
and/or
b) Getting some kind of release clause
and/or
c) Pogba deal is off/assurances of X number of apps

Doubt it's any of those to be honest.

Benteke always had the £32.5m release clause, so Delph will have known Villa had no control over him staying.

Delph already had the £8m release clause, and he'd already agreed to the terms of his City contract, so it wasn't those that were an issue.

Delph and Pogba are 2 entirely unrelated transfers, there's no way one becomes more, or less, needed/likely based upon progress, or lack thereof, in the other deal. As to appearances, I can't imagine that will have changed. He won't be guaranteed anything above what he had already been told.

However, as to why there's been a second 180 degree shift in this deal in a week is certainly baffling.

Maybe but there was no media reporting on it at the time, if he got his info as snippets from the likes of you all the time he wouldn't have such a good hit rate imo

*not me. But yeah you are right. He called the Sterling signing date a week before if I can recall correctly so I am with you I believe he knows his shit.

Good post from VT - Scousers take note

I truly do believe Delph loves the club. I think this is a decision he's made for his career. Every player wants to be playing in the Champions League and earning top dollar, which he'll be doing. I think he's tried to justify staying here but eventually given in to the lure of challenging for trophies and playing at the highest level. I don't blame him for that. I also think he'll have been given assurances of his place in the side, otherwise I doubt he'd have decided to go there.

The circumstances for him are unfortunate in that they make him look like a bit of a clown, but I do wish him well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.