We are not mentally weak

The stark difference between having Hart in goal and Caballero was made clear.

Furthermore Pellegrini's changes actually helped the team tonight.

These games are often decided by someone stepping up to the plate and Joe did that tonight.

Not the first time he has done it in Europe and he cannot be expected to do so every time he steps out.

Again as mentioned time and again the link up play between midfield and defence is too disjointed when we don't have the ball and it leaves us badly exposed and Silva and Toure notwithstanding neither was matchfit/ fit are too easy to navigate through.

Too many one on ones result and our central defence of MDM and Oti aside from being too small are not able to handle the situation that develops adequately.

If we don't address these weaknesses most sides will punish us.

Lucky win but a win nevertheless and we will have to get a lot better if we are to overcome Sevilla and Juventus who in truth we should finish ahead anyway.

MP's formation and the players positioning was all over the shop tonight and if he is too stubborn to change it we will have to change the manager as it will cost us in the premiership as well.

These games are often decided by someone stepping up to the plate and Joe did that tonight.

Not the first time he has done it in Europe and he cannot be expected to do so every time he steps out.

Again as mentioned time and again the link up play between midfield and defence is too disjointed when we don't have the ball and it leaves us badly exposed and Silva and Toure notwithstanding neither was matchfit/ fit are too easy to navigate through.

Too many one on ones result and our central defence of MDM and Oti aside from being too small are not able to handle the situation that develops adequately.

Lucky win but a win nevertheless and we will have to get a lot better if we are to overcome Sevilla and Juventus who in truth we should finish ahead anyway.

MP's formation and the players positioning was all over the shop tonight and if he is too stubborn to change it we will have to change the manager as it will cost us in the premiership as well.

Yeah, you're not too far wrong, there's a fundamental difference in the way we play compared to the elite European clubs, which I'm going to write an extensive post about tomorrow, but I think it really shows why we're so vulnerable at this level.

Yeah, you're not too far wrong, there's a fundamental difference in the way we play compared to the elite European clubs, which I'm going to write an extensive post about tomorrow, but I think it really shows why we're so vulnerable at this level.
Looking forward to it Joe , your posts are always incisive at least as far as I am concerned.

The silly thing is it can easily be addressed and while it doesn't guarantee a better result it surely would limit the number of times we are exposed.

MP could change it in a heartbeat but refuses to do though under the guise of playing " attacking attractive football " but little of what we have done in recent times could be considered attractive.

We all want comprehensive wins especially against the likes of West Ham , Spurs and Juventus and BMG but the way we are set up doesn't lend itself to that anyway.

It's too easy for organised clubs to counter attack and then defend leads or further expose our midfield / defensive deficiencies and we are courting trouble against any side I include the likes of Newcastle in that if we continue in this vein.

Sure personnel availability plays are part and no doubt VK and Mangala are our best pair at coping with the " high line " and BMG are poor at defending themselves which gave us a look in but much better organised sides would have put us to the sword last night and there are plenty of them in Europe and in the premiership.

i agree

The problem that I see is that we are good with the ball but are poor when we don't have the ball. All the good teams are good at both and also know when to take one for the team either committing foul or breaking play up.
There is no discipline or organisation, if you press you all have to do it or you leave big gaps which even average teams can pass around.At the moment it appears as though attitude is we have better players than you so we will score more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.