Racial abuse on train?

And openly filming the incident in that situation is doing something?

Ok, what would you do if faced with a carriage full of drunken football fans abusing a 14 year old?

In the rag semi final at Wembley as we were walking to the tube a group of City lads started throwing full cans of beer at a family of rags..granted thee rag family were singing 'We're Man United, we'll do what we want' which considering the atmosphere was highly inappropriate..but they had a boy of around 7 or 8 with them

The City Lads were shitfaced..but me and my mates pulled them about it telling them to wind it in and told the family to shut the fuck up as it would only incite blues..could have been really nasty

Like it's been mentioned..if there were other blues in the carriage I'd like to think someone would have had a word

Did the family on the train say what was allegedly said to them, by the group?. Sorry, just read the story and no mention of what was said to them. Surely they would've come out with some words. Smells like bull at present, attention seekers maybe?

Last edited:
Fuck off. You'r comparing something that happened in 2003 to something that happened this week. My point is exactly that we have moved on. "When you were a fan". Fucking dickhead.
Not that I want to come between a blossoming romance but Corky said "since you were a fan", not "when you were a fan". There's a big difference.

Besides that, are you both not actually agreeing with each other?

In the rag semi final at Wembley as we were walking to the tube a group of City lads started throwing full cans of beer at a family of rags..granted thee rag family were singing 'We're Man United, we'll do what we want' which considering the atmosphere was highly inappropriate..but they had a boy of around 7 or 8 with them

The City Lads were shitfaced..but me and my mates pulled them about it telling them to wind it in and told the family to shut the fuck up as it would only incite blues..could have been really nasty

Like it's been mentioned..if there were other blues in the carriage I'd like to think someone would have had a word
A group of Rags singing that whilst on the way to play ManUre at Wembley is one thing and I'd have probably had a word myself as a fellow Blue, but this was apparently a random non-football family of four minding their own business on a train so this alleged situation had fuck all to do with football and everything to do with the dog-like pack mentality that comes about from being pissed up and part of a baying gang. I think the fact no-one else on the train apparently challenged the gang either speaks volumes as to how volatile other passengers probably viewed the rapidly escalating situation. You attack one of the pack, you attack them all.

Each one of the alleged perpetrators would probably have never acted like this irrespective of their racial beliefs if they were sat on the train alone or with their own families. If this did take place those who took part are shithouse bullies of the lowest kind. If I was there as just another passenger, then no, it would be highly unlikely that I would challenge them on my own for fear of what the pack would do if challenged.

The correct thing to do for everyone's safety would be to go to the toilet and call the authorities to alert them as to what was happening, as making a call in front of the baying pack or filming them would be akin to poking a hornets nest with your bare arm and it doesn't take the brain of Britain to work out what would probably happen next.

Last edited:
A group of Rags singing that whilst on the way to play ManUre at Wembley is one thing and I'd have probably had a word myself as a fellow Blue, but this was apparently a random non-football family of four minding their own business on a train so this alleged situation had fuck all to do with football and everything to do with the dog-like pack mentality that comes about from being pissed up and part of a baying gang. I think the fact no-one else on the train apparently challenged the gang either speaks volumes as to how volatile other passengers probably viewed the rapidly escalating situation. You attack one of the pack, you attack them all.

Each one of the alleged perpetrators would probably have never acted like this irrespective of their racial beliefs if they were sat on the train alone or with their own families. If this did take place those who took part are shithouse bullies of the lowest kind. If I was there as just another passenger, then no, it would be highly unlikely that I would challenge them on my own for fear of what the pack would do if challenged.

The correct thing to do for everyone's safety would be to go to the toilet and call the authorities to alert them as to what was happening, as making a call in front of the baying pack or filming them would be akin to poking a hornets nest with your bare arm and it doesn't take the brain of Britain to work out what would probably happen next.

Fair enough if you're travelling alone

However, surely there would have been other groups of lads on the train who could have challenged..even if they were not fighters..safety in numbers and all that..plus if they were City lads doing the challenging it may have switched a lightbulb in the instigators thick craniums

It seems you know exactly what happened on the train, hope your going to the authorities with your evidence.

Actually, if you take away the over-sensitive stuff from both sides, almost everyone agrees that people with a view that is today considered racist (even if it wasnt 10, 20, 30 years ago) are everywhere, including among City support, and if this happened as described, the culprits should be prosecuted and banned by the club.

Some are just doubting the details of the story and there are some elements that do sound a little off.

I find it strange that people are trying to deny this incident happened. Why would this family bother making up such a story? A quick check of the trains CCTV by the police would reveal if there was an incident or not.

I also find it bizarre people are calling bullshit on the story because they haven't said what racial insults were hurled at the boy. What does it matter? In the eyes of the victim he's been racially abused and that's all that matters. Not whether non-Asian readers think it's racist or not.

Okay I don't think the city fans were trying to kick the toilet door down, but can ppl not see a scenario where the boy is being abused, he goes to the toilet to remove himself from the situation and is followed, and there's a bit of banging on the door to intimidate him further? To the boy in the toilet it would feel and sound like they were trying to kick the door down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.