Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah right lets change all players stats to accommodate Bonys obvious downfall.

Another player who has been widely vilified on this forum as not being good enough, waste of money, terrible buy is our defensive midfielder Fernando

Lets just have a look at his stats Played 26 Scored 2 but wait on he isn't good enough to play for City

Though to be fair he couldn't be worse than the Premier League Donkey at West Ham

Andy Carroll Played 31 Scored 7

Oh wait suppose that depends on how many minutes he has played

Ah, I see your problem. You're a bit slow. Perhaps have never actually watched a game of football. To just simply list his games to goals is moronic.
Bony is normally used when the game is dead, just like Saturday or Chelsea at home. What would be more interesting would be our win ratio when he starts?

As one poster has asked, what are you hoping to achieve here? Us all to judge and hate a player after only a handful of starts whilst either struggling with injury or the death of his mother.

You're right, fuck it, can't wait to boo the twat. It's not like a player low on confidence could possibly benefit from the support of the fans. If he stays fit, he will return the 10-15 PL goals that Dzeko did with a far superior attitude and hold up play. Not to have a pop at Dzeko I was a Dzeko fan, I just Bony is better.

Ah right lets change all players stats to accommodate Bonys obvious downfall.

Another player who has been widely vilified on this forum as not being good enough, waste of money, terrible buy is our defensive midfielder Fernando

Lets just have a look at his stats Played 26 Scored 2 but wait on he isn't good enough to play for City

Though to be fair he couldn't be worse than the Premier League Donkey at West Ham

Andy Carroll Played 31 Scored 7

Oh wait suppose that depends on how many minutes he has played
So are you saying that minutes played are irrelevant, but number of games is relevant? Why is one favoured over the other? If he had played 6 full games for City with no substitute appearances and had 2 goals 2 assists would you say he's rubbish? Of course minutes played is relevant, and of course if he had indeed played 6 full games with no subs appearances with 2 goals 2 assists no one would complain at those stats for a back up striker, they're acceptable.

I can understand the frustration at a lack of goals, but his play outside of finding the back of the net has been far superior to our last back up striker in Dzeko. If the time comes that Aguero gets an injury that is for a lengthy time, then that is when we will need Bony to step up to the plate & start banging them in. For now though he's often coming on at the end of matches & is fantastic at holding the ball up & relieving pressure on the defence when needed - he is often on when the game is over or we're holding a lead & this isn't exactly the best time for a striker to be building his goalscoring stats.

Give a player at least a full season at the club before saying they're phenomenal or useless; look at last years signings, Fernando, Mangala, gone from everyones favourite targets to slate to a load of praise this season. And on the flip side players like KdB & Martial who've started well could also fade & be disappointing come the end of the season (not that I'm expecting KdB to). I'll be leaving my true judgments to the end of the season/next season before we see who's up to it & who's not.

And that makes a difference because ????????????

Played 20 times and scored 2 goals stats don't lie he might have a good first touch but that is it. There is absolutely nothing that he has shown in his 20 games that says he is a top level striker. But hey if you are happy to give him a chance you keep living in hope little boy.

Because the number of minutes on the pitch matters. Are you an idiot?

So are you saying that minutes played are irrelevant, but number of games is relevant? Why is one favoured over the other? If he had played 6 full games for City with no substitute appearances and had 2 goals 2 assists would you say he's rubbish? Of course minutes played is relevant, and of course if he had indeed played 6 full games with no subs appearances with 2 goals 2 assists no one would complain at those stats for a back up striker, they're acceptable.

I can understand the frustration at a lack of goals, but his play outside of finding the back of the net has been far superior to our last back up striker in Dzeko. If the time comes that Aguero gets an injury that is for a lengthy time, then that is when we will need Bony to step up to the plate & start banging them in. For now though he's often coming on at the end of matches & is fantastic at holding the ball up & relieving pressure on the defence when needed - he is often on when the game is over or we're holding a lead & this isn't exactly the best time for a striker to be building his goalscoring stats.

Give a player at least a full season at the club before saying they're phenomenal or useless; look at last years signings, Fernando, Mangala, gone from everyones favourite targets to slate to a load of praise this season. And on the flip side players like KdB & Martial who've started well could also fade & be disappointing come the end of the season (not that I'm expecting KdB to). I'll be leaving my true judgments to the end of the season/next season before we see who's up to it & who's not.

well said I was trying to make this point yesterday to no avail . . . If bony had played 90 games for one minute each game and scored his current tally for those games to take the example to the extreme would we be saying his return was crap because he's only scored two in 90 appearances when the reality of that example is 2 in 1 full game so minutes on the pitch are relevant and in my opinion more relevant than appearances as they are a true reflection as we well know because we quote sergios goals per minute stats on a regular basis . . . Which are truly amazing by the way best ever in the prem

appearances

Because the number of minutes on the pitch matters. Are you an idiot?

No putting the ball in the back of the net is what matters not how many minutes he has played. And what some of you great experts on here have not worked out is that is a job which he just is not doing.

Admit it he was a bad buy that derailed us last season and instead of kicking us on to win the title contributed to us imploding last year.

Not good enough and no matter how much you try and cover it the stats do not lie

Played 20 Scored 2

Should have kept and stuck with

Stevan Jovetić

Played 28 Scored 8 at least he knows where the back of the net is already scored 3 in 5 for Inter

But the again he is probably playing more minutes which is more important as you say than actually being able to score

No putting the ball in the back of the net is what matters not how many minutes he has played. And what some of you great experts on here have not worked out is that is a job which he just is not doing.

Admit it he was a bad buy that derailed us last season and instead of kicking us on to win the title contributed to us imploding last year.

Not good enough and no matter how much you try and cover it the stats do not lie

Played 20 Scored 2

Should have kept and stuck with

Stevan Jovetić

Played 28 Scored 8 at least he knows where the back of the net is already scored 3 in 5 for Inter

But the again he is probably playing more minutes which is more important as you say than actually being able to score

You're a special kind of special.

I was really pleased when we signed Bony, but it's just not really worked out for him so far. Hopefully he can get a few starts in the Capital One Cup, and some more meaningful minutes in the league to get his sharpness back. He should thrive on De Bruyne's service.

I thought he looked very good against Newcastle and had some great touches. Coming on when a game is won and we're in training mode is not the best opportunity to add to his goal tally but he's an excellent team player and if he gets a run of games, I'm sure he'll start scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.