The Walking Dead

In response to that...

Which is even worse. I could have maybe bought it that he didn't see it if it was caught in a tree, but if as you claim it wasn't it is even more laughable. Regardless, my point still remains. It is a very tired and lazy plot device. And they use it. Every. Fucking. Time.

I'll give you another example. Last season Rick hides a gun in a blender near a trash pile. Later he goes back to retrieve it and it's not there. Cue random zombie attack and this time we learn that there was actually a zombie only half a metre away in the trash pile all along, however only attacks when it is convenient to do so. Lazy writing pure and simple. It happens way more often then you think.

Even in last nights episode there were a number of really stupid and inconsistent decisions such as

• The introduction of the 'new' characters. "Hey we were just been gone for a few weeks and no one bothered to tell you, firstly who are you, why are you guarding the gate, and can you let us in?..." "Yeah no worries, I've never met you before but we're just a new group of people who have now taken over Alexandria as you guys are way too soft around here and too trusting and lack real world zombie experience, but I'll completely ignore all of that and just let you in regardless even though I've just met you and know nothing about you..."
  • The inconsistency with the zombies. One minute they have super strength and it's a real struggle to fight them off, the next minute they kill themselves by walking headfirst into a wall...
  • Three guys taking on a dozen zombies at that shop and dispatch them without breaking much of a sweat. A dozen zombies attack the main group and then they all shit themselves, while the dude with the stick takes most of them out single handedly...
  • It's been established that the Zombies are attracted primarily to sound. When Michone had her two slave guys she was disguised by smell and they didn't attack her based purely on sight. The walls they were erecting didn't seem that strong, yet apparently it is a good idea to let off flares, which make a hell of sound, do not have a great impact during the day, from behind a not too sturdy wall and thereby attracting the zombies to what is behind the wall?
  • Zombies veer off road by hearing sound of horn in the distance. However zombies stay on road after hearing people just off the road firing automatic weapons.
  • In fact the whole plan was really dumb. A far easier and safer option would have been to get two people to climb two of the trucks with big sticks. And spend the day stabbing zombies in the head at a safe distance. Climb on the trucks which were not precariously placed to do this. The noise will attract the other zombies at the other blockade. Keep on doing this cull of the zombies, just enough to have a critical mass there to keep attracting the others by noise, but so that the zombie population doesn't overflow. Just like they were doing at the prison by Come back every few days and repeat the process. But no, the smarter idea is to release them, nothing could go wrong...

Approximately half the african american characters have been killed off. My point stands - a far greater proportion of the african american characters are killed off. Seems like if you're a character on this show its best to be an Asian guy as it seems 100% of them are still around...

Blah, blah, blah.....

If Buzz Lightyear really thought he was a space ranger rather than a toy, why did he go limp like the rest of them when a human came rather tan explain there's been a mistake?

You can look for holes in any book, film or series but the fact is that they are all for entertainment and wouldn't be very entertaining is they safely negotiated a sensible way out of every perilous situation.

Mixed feelings. the wolves are beginning to have this Waterworld pirates or Mad Max bandits vibes.

Blah, blah, blah.....

If Buzz Lightyear really thought he was a space ranger rather than a toy, why did he go limp like the rest of them when a human came rather tan explain there's been a mistake?

You can look for holes in any book, film or series but the fact is that they are all for entertainment and wouldn't be very entertaining is they safely negotiated a sensible way out of every perilous situation.

Yeah, but when they build up Rick et al to be SME's about living outside the walls and dealing with Zombies, and the citizens of Alexandria cede control to him for this 'expertise' and then his plan is to take a somewhat controllable situation and then make it less so, by releasing the zombies, then it doesn't stack up.

There was even a point in last weeks episode where Morgan chastises Rick after the walkers attack them with words to affect of "I thought you don't take risks" ignoring the fact that they were right in the middle of taking the biggest risk yet. I see that people on this thread routinely anoint the show with "best show ever/on tv" and yet there are some massively glaring plot holes, inconsistent characterisations which is clearly an indication that it's not.

Managed to avoid this weeks episode as the missus was sick and watched it during the day before I got home.

I see that people on this thread routinely anoint the show with "best show ever/on tv" and yet there are some massively glaring plot holes, inconsistent characterisations which is clearly an indication that it's not.

Like dead people walking around biting people?

Yeah, but when they build up Rick et al to be SME's about living outside the walls and dealing with Zombies, and the citizens of Alexandria cede control to him for this 'expertise' and then his plan is to take a somewhat controllable situation and then make it less so, by releasing the zombies, then it doesn't stack up.

There was even a point in last weeks episode where Morgan chastises Rick after the walkers attack them with words to affect of "I thought you don't take risks" ignoring the fact that they were right in the middle of taking the biggest risk yet. I see that people on this thread routinely anoint the show with "best show ever/on tv" and yet there are some massively glaring plot holes, inconsistent characterisations which is clearly an indication that it's not.

Managed to avoid this weeks episode as the missus was sick and watched it during the day before I got home.

That's the trouble with fiction; it's just not sensible enough.

The problem with this show is two fold, i am told the writing has got lazy and tbh only so many scenario's a zombie can scare you.
Also the poor quality feeds and sources in general until bluray
A few fans of the show i know online have fucked it off until the bluray's get ripped.

Scene 720p vs Scene 1080p vs iTunes 720p vs iTunes 1080p (all @ 720p)

You don't half think about it a lot for someone who is just in the room whilst it's on.

How do you think the Platt's will get found out on Coro?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.