Player Topic: Raheem Sterling (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 goals in all competitions. Is that right?

9 goals by December for a 20 year old winger is fantastic. Really, really good. There's so much potential there and Raheem is going to get better every season.

Just want to note how good Sterling's off-the-ball movement is. No wonder Silva loves playing with him.

And only 21. Doesn't seem to have too many injury issues either ... touch wood.

Was excellent last night. When you see how comfortable he looked scoring his second goal, it makes you wonder how misses far easier chances. His set up play for Silva was brilliant, and his involvement in Bony' goal was also class. Needs to try and do it more regularly now. That's his big challenge.

9 goals in all competitions. Is that right?

9 goals by December for a 20 year old winger is fantastic. Really, really good. There's so much potential there and Raheem is going to get better every season.

Just want to note how good Sterling's off-the-ball movement is. No wonder Silva loves playing with him.
I would give him 7.5 out of 10 so far this season. Can be very frustrating at times but has already made a significant contribution and with the right management and coaching has the potential to be a major talent. Indeed he is one of the few acquisitions we have made who if sold in the future may actually return a profit despite his high price tag. Personally I hope he stays for at least five seasons.

A very good player and can become an even better player playing with the likes of Silva, Kun, Yaya etc as opposed to Can, Henderson and Lucas.

I never understand any of the stick Sterling gets. If he was 25 & cost the same, then I could understand it, but at 20-21 ? It's hard to imagine a player making fewer bad decisions on the pitch than Sterling at that age, at the level he has been playing.

What is really sad is how some fans have followed the media witch hunt, picking holes in any mistakes from a 20 year old kid. I find it disgusting the way the media have done this, almost celebrating his mistakes & begrudgingly accepting most things he does right with "well he should do".

The great thing about Sterling is he stays positive throughout. It clearly affects him on the pitch from time to time, when he is reluctant to try stuff sometimes, but as soon as the game finishes, he seems to just move on. Great. That ability to deal with the shit of having made a few mistakes, may be the thing which decides the future of some of the kids we have coming through, rather than ability. Sterling seems to have it.

Absolutely fantastic prospect.

Thought he was the best player on the pitch even before he banged two in. I still have very little doubt he's going to be a top player

Was excellent last night. When you see how comfortable he looked scoring his second goal, it makes you wonder how misses far easier chances. His set up play for Silva was brilliant, and his involvement in Bony' goal was also class. Needs to try and do it more regularly now. That's his big challenge.

The simple answer is he misses easier chances cos of his age. The fact that he scores goals like the second is the thing to grab onto, not the fact that he can miss easier ones. We really do forget how young he is. At that age youre looking for players who cna produce magic, then smooth out the raw edges. That's exactly what we're doing. I suspect he'll be a considerably more confident player in a couple of years.

Frank Ribery, the player who he could most likely emulate, was playing for Galatasary doing okay at the same age. Then his stats and reputation suddenly vastly improved by the age of 23....not a coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.