Jihadi John Song

The song may well be an ill advised and maybe not appropriate in so much as involving Sagna in particular.

However reading some of the comments on this thread it seems that hiding away, trying not to offend, and generally being pc is the real issue.

Sorry but refusing to be scared or turning into some passive cock taker for these terrorist or indeed anyone who thinks this country should change its culture to accomodate them and their medieval ways is the only way forward, so for me be as loud and proud as possible but perhaps in a more thought out manner.

People are taking this far too seriously. It's a crap chant, granted, something we shouldn't really carry on. But fucking hell it's not that bad, it's just a piss take out of some barmpot. Ill advised as it is, it will probably disappear quicker than it started like the shit Moyes/Fergie paedophile chant a few years ago. Some people though, Christ, talk about overly-PC over reactions!

I dread to think what Alan Henning's relatives are thinking when they see this despicable name highlighted on the bluemoon football forum....and this City fan refers to it as "A BIT OF A LAUGH".....quite sickening.
I thought we'd heard the last of that name and was happy the world was rid. My Dad (Alan's brother) is a season ticket holder in the South Stand. We have no right to tell people what to sing about but I truly hope he doesn't encounter this at City - the one place that he uses as an escape.

The song may well be an ill advised and maybe not appropriate in so much as involving Sagna in particular.

However reading some of the comments on this thread it seems that hiding away, trying not to offend, and generally being pc is the real issue.

Sorry but refusing to be scared or turning into some passive cock taker for these terrorist or indeed anyone who thinks this country should change its culture to accomodate them and their medieval ways is the only way forward, so for me be as loud and proud as possible but perhaps in a more thought out manner.

Not at all, irrespective of the subject matter there are songs in good taste and songs in bad taste. This song is in unnecessary bad taste.

People are taking this far too seriously. It's a crap chant, granted, something we shouldn't really carry on. But fucking hell it's not that bad, it's just a piss take out of some barmpot. Ill advised as it is, it will probably disappear quicker than it started like the shit Moyes/Fergie paedophile chant a few years ago. Some people though, Christ, talk about overly-PC over reactions!
The bastard was referred to as a number of things by our family over the past 15 months but 'barmpot' doesn't really do it justice.

I thought we'd heard the last of that name and was happy the world was rid. My Dad (Alan's brother) is a season ticket holder in the South Stand. We have no right to tell people what to sing about but I truly hope he doesn't encounter this at City - the one place that he uses as an escape.
As you said mate i really hope that this song never gets going at the Etihad, just a vile thing to sing.

Good luck and all the best to you and your family.

But the numerous songs referering to WW2 arent? How about the songs celebrating the bombing of the swamp. There are still Mancunians around who lost people to bombs dropped by the Luftwaffe, there are certainly people who lost people to the Irish.....yet only now when we are facing a bigger threat than was posed to our existence by either Germany or the IRA do we suddenly have people making a fuss over a rude song.

With some bleating how the nasty ISIS people might come and bomb the Etihad or worrying lest the song may offend a muslim. God help this country!

I'd like to think any blue reading that would consider very, very carefully before singing it in the ground. It's not going to stop in the pubs, coaches etc but anyone with an ounce of respect should stop short of singing it on the terraces.
I won't be holding my breath though.

The bastard was referred to as a number of things by our family over the past 15 months but 'barmpot' doesn't really do it justice.
Just like the family (Northenden based) of Frank Swift who've heard all the many Munich chants over the years, these chants should not exist and I wouldn't/don't sing them but all it serves to show is that people who do aren't worth taking notice of and/or they simply aren't thinking of the deeper story behind it just like a comedian doesn't when he's on stage (many comedians have referenced "Jihadi John" in their sets and get a laugh).

As I've said it might well disappear as quickly as the Moyes/Fergie paedophile chant of a few years back, not nice to any families or individuals who've had to endure incidents with paedophilia, but again in as poor taste as it was (again something I didn't like and never chanted, like this one) it didn't last long.

Don't forget we still chant "Uwe's Grandad" regularly too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.