It's not Pellers..It's not even the team..

right back in decline?

Where do you get that from.

Annoying that our fans are ready to write off players like Silva and Zabaleta who can go on for years. Zabaleta struggled earlier in the season, but for me he is now back to his old self. The semi-final against Everton he was superb.

Our fullbacks were OK against leicester. The problems were in central defence and midfield.

you are joking marv, kolorov was shocking virtually every pass was awful, he had an absolute mare

Having researched this area extensively as part of my PhD, the reason for our injuries can be attributed to a number of things, including:

• Players exposed to fixture congestion (i.e., 3 matches in 7 days)
  • Lack of sufficient recovery between these matches
  • Suboptimal baseline levels of fitness
  • Players participating in matches when not fully recovered (increasing susceptibility to soft tissue injuries)
  • Players returning from a previous injury and exposed to high match and training loads too early
  • Exposing players to a style that induces large loads on players and not taking in to account external factors
The last four are obviously all intrinsically linked, and can all be controlled by one man - the manager. So Pellegrini is definitely to blame.

Like Arsenal, the reason they are susceptible to so many injuries is due to Wenger's methods. The same with Klopp, latterly at Dortmund and now at Liverpool.

Pep's players also have high rates of injuries so don't expect it to change next season.

I'd definitely start to play the kids in the League Cup.
Look at how we've been stitched up in the FA cup this season. I bet this will have repercussions on how seriously we take this competition in future. They may win this battle because we can't reschedule this fixture, but they will lose the war as one of the biggest club's in England decide to treat their competition with the contempt it deserves.

That's a fair point but next week against Spuds is important along with the Champs League the following week, along with the Cup Final the following week, along with the dippers away the following week, it goes on.

I'm not complaining, it comes with success and something we need to get used to but going full circle our ridiculous injury count this season certainly hasn't helped the situation.

Do you not think that constantly asking Fernandinho to look after Yaya Toure is basically running him into the ground & almost begging for him to join the injured list ? Would it not have made more sense v Leicester, to put Delph back next to him or even not pick Yaya in the first place ?

I'm amazed that Fernandinho is still able to run at all & isn't yet finished for the season. Tbf even Pellegrini has spotted this danger & rested him a few times, but the way he uses him, it is very much on the cards he won't finish the season imo.

Having researched this area extensively as part of my PhD, the reason for our injuries can be attributed to a number of things, including:

• Players exposed to fixture congestion (i.e., 3 matches in 7 days)
  • Lack of sufficient recovery between these matches
  • Suboptimal baseline levels of fitness
  • Players participating in matches when not fully recovered (increasing susceptibility to soft tissue injuries)
  • Players returning from a previous injury and exposed to high match and training loads too early
  • Exposing players to a style that induces large loads on players and not taking in to account external factors
The last four are obviously all intrinsically linked, and can all be controlled by one man - the manager. So Pellegrini is definitely to blame.

Like Arsenal, the reason they are susceptible to so many injuries is due to Wenger's methods. The same with Klopp, latterly at Dortmund and now at Liverpool.

Pep's players also have high rates of injuries so don't expect it to change next season.

I think that's nailed on once he makes them actually run about, so hopefully we are planning for it in the market & will make better use of the resources we have, to fill the gaps.

Time has caught up with us unfortunately. Injuries have decimated what real quality we have and our manager is basically in a caretaker role.
That's where we are and that's how it's going to be for the next 4 months. We've just got to hope that what we've got is good enough to grind out results between now and the end of the season. Nothing is going to change between now and then regards how we approach games so hold on tight because it's going to get rocky.

The injury to KDB is season changing. Most assists @ goals scored???

Kdb and navas were left out as these are recent injuries and I was talking about the season as a whole, we all know that the manager tries to shunt yaya,kdb and silva into the same team which is why I said we need injuries to stop him doing it which is quite sad. The fact that yaya seems indestructible is pretty ironic really

It just goes to prove that the players available to him aren't good enough then.
I said earlier in the week that i'm amazed how we're still fighting on all four fronts with the defence we've got.
To go the rest of the season having to play a 35 year old as centre half, left back that can't defend with no pace and a right back in decline then we will be doing well to make top 4 to be honest.

The fullback positions have been staring us in the face for two seasons mate, scandalous for a top club like ours to allow it to happen , yet we spend fortunes on attacking players and the fullback positions have been ignored.

Kolorov was wank under Mancini- three fucking seasons ago! Clichy and Zab in there thirties, dog shit recruitment in my book.

Oh well at least Pep will be given £300 million to sort it out.

We don't attack as a team & we don't defend as a team, this is down to the manager. Hopefully when Pep starts removing some of these lazy twats from the team they'll get the message.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.