It's not Pellers..It's not even the team..

Isn't ours supposed to be cutting edge stuff though ?

I should also say, it's how the manager and coaching stuff utilises the information provided. Our facilities are some of the best in the world but doesn't mean anything if we don't know how to use the data.

So what you're saying is that not utilising our youth players in the cup has led to us having significantly increased risk of injuries in the first team due to over-playing and lack of rest periods?

Heavy rotation isn't always the answer as it can negatively impact team cohesion. However, little tweaks and using substitutes at effective times can make a difference.

Pellegrini hasn't done that well enough for me.

The main cause will be his methods in training and what players are exposed to on a daily basis.

you are joking marv, kolorov was shocking virtually every pass was awful, he had an absolute mare
His crossing was rubbish I agree. But left back was not the reason we lost unless it was his job to pick up Huth. And the sole attacking channel we kept hitting all day long was Kolarov/Sterling.

I should also say, it's how the manager and coaching stuff utilises the information provided. Our facilities are some of the best in the world but doesn't mean anything if we don't know how to use the data.

Ok cheers for the reply.

I figured that might be the answer but I'm only building my opinion on stuff I've read & my take on Pellegrini's actions, wheras you & a couple of others seem to actually know what you are talking about ;)

Heavy rotation isn't always the answer as it can negatively impact team cohesion. However, little tweaks and using substitutes at effective times can make a difference.

Pellegrini hasn't done that well enough for me.

The main cause will be his methods in training and what players are exposed to on a daily basis.

Team cohesion is a coachable trait though, and in a squad that the bulk of have been together for 5 years shouldn't be too much of an issue. Playing Negredo when we're up by 6 goals away at West Ham or Aguero half fit against Blackburn at Ewood or playing an injured Silva against Everton is a little more questionable than team cohesion in terms of how it has affected our season

Ok cheers for the reply.

I figured that might be the answer but I'm only building my opinion on stuff I've read & my take on Pellegrini's actions, wheras you & a couple of others seem to actually know what you are talking about ;)

I can only generalise based on published work and my own research. There will be other extraneous factors but I think Pellegrini and his staff are the major ones.

Can he not see it, or does he just not care, as he thinks his 'way' will prevail in the end even if we appear to be defending like shit ? Why not just drop Delph back a bit to cover it for instance ?

I can't figure whether he's clueless or stubborn, but either way, he's unfit for the job & a very lucky man.

I still think he is very stubborn and he thinks we should stick to playing our way. I think he has been too stubborn for too long in this regard but I hope he ends up proving me and others wrong in that regard. Me, I'd go back to basics and shut up shop; make clean sheets the focus and see if we can't actually entice our opponents into giving us a bit more space to counter-attack into.

...the fuck it isn't. ADUG has thoroughly spoiled me so now i'll have a wank, play some X-COM and wait for Pep to throw Yaya out on his fat arse.

His crossing was rubbish I agree. But left back was not the reason we lost unless it was his job to pick up Huth. And the sole attacking channel we kept hitting all day long was Kolarov/Sterling.

he failed to execute anything all match, at least yaya made a pass or two, i'm exaggerating somewhat, but he really was pants and offered nothing to the game at all

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.