Hart must play in the final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with this, in fact if he says next week this clown is playing out of some sort of 'loyalty' not on merit but a perverse gentlemans agreement then what sort of contempt has he for the fans.

Never has had and never will have a relationship with the fans.

Ha, fair point.

Back on topic though, this does raise an interesting point. Pellegrini, out of loyalty, will select Caballero I think it's safe to say.

But as an outgoing manager, do the club (namely Begiristain and Soriano, or possibly even higher) step in, and impose a decision on him?

Surely the club are more interested in winning a trophy than protecting Pellegrini's loyalty to certain players?

It would seem the sensible thing to do but not sure they will. In any other line of business the decision would be made but in football it doesn't always follow business logic.

I'd be fucking astounded if Pellegrini made the correct call & dropped Willy. But I'll guess we'll see in 6 days time...

I was very disappointed when I heard the news that Mancini had decided to play Hart against Wigan in 2013. Yes, there's the argument that you play your best side in a final. But Pantilimon was a perfectly adequate keeper that (IIRC) hadn't made any major cock ups in the run to the final. Mancini went down in my opinion that day by going back on the agreement to play CP in the cups. This is a different situation though; the dogs in the street can see that Caballero isn't good enough to be playing at the top level anymore; I saw on Twitter (yes; I know, but it must be easy enough to check out) that he's let in 28 goals in 18 games. Now sure, they won't all be his fault. But I imagine the back four playing in front of him wouldn't have much confidence knowing he's behind them. He's not an adequate back up and, therefore, Hart should play next sunday. It'll almost definitely be Caballero though. And, in that case, Kun better have his shooting boots with him as we won't get a clean sheet.

Playing Willy will jeapordise our chances of a result and will irreparably damage this managers legacy as he's already on thin ground in regards to leaving here with his reputation stained.This can be avoided if he takes the Dippers strengths and weaknesses into account and,starting with Hart, plays his best eleven accordingly.This game is our realistic opportunity of a trophy,it should not be left to chance.

We owe Caballero nothing, he has been given many chances and tbh he has not delivered. Chelsea are a very strong side and we had lots of kids out, meaning there was bound to be more pressure on our goal, however, feck me he made too many howlers. Im never assured when hes in goal and if he plays on Sunday then I cant see us winning... Unless we score a shit ton ourselves. Hart has to start.

I'm hoping pressure will be applied from above as I think it was for yesterday.

I would doubt Pellers would have sent that team out without 'advice'.

The Coca Cola Can is probably the one thing we can win this season he mustn't be allowed to fuck it up.

I was very disappointed when I heard the news that Mancini had decided to play Hart against Wigan in 2013. Yes, there's the argument that you play your best side in a final. But Pantilimon was a perfectly adequate keeper that (IIRC) hadn't made any major cock ups in the run to the final. Mancini went down in my opinion that day by going back on the agreement to play CP in the cups. This is a different situation though; the dogs in the street can see that Caballero isn't good enough to be playing at the top level anymore; I saw on Twitter (yes; I know, but it must be easy enough to check out) that he's let in 28 goals in 18 games. Now sure, they won't all be his fault. But I imagine the back four playing in front of him wouldn't have much confidence knowing he's behind them. He's not an adequate back up and, therefore, Hart should play next sunday. It'll almost definitely be Caballero though. And, in that case, Kun better have his shooting boots with him as we won't get a clean sheet.
He did OK in all the previous League and FA Cup ties, and I think the criticism of his performance is too much.

He started off very uncertain, but decision making is a lot about goal-keeping and I doubt he has played behind that defence even in training.

He's been blamed for 3 or 4 goals on here when it would be harsh to blame him for 2, and remember the saves he made

He did OK in all the previous League and FA Cup ties, and I think the criticism of his performance is too much.

He started off very uncertain, but decision making is a lot about goal-keeping and I doubt he has played behind that defence even in training.

He's been blamed for 3 or 4 goals on here when it would be harsh to blame him for 2, and remember the saves he made
Marv he was embarrassing. Worse than he was against Spurs at the lane. They were giggling at him in the studio after the game. He's a shocking keeper.

Marv he was embarrassing. Worse than he was against Spurs at the lane. They were giggling at him in the studio after the game. He's a shocking keeper.
I don't think he is a shocking keeper but I know he had a very bad game, and yes I'd be more comfortable if we payed Hart, but I don't like binning players who have one bad game. Can you say you've watched him this season and thought he has let us down. I also thought BBC went OTT regarding what he could have done about the goals. Freekick was very bad, but not sure about the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.