Post Match Thread: Kiev 1 - 3 City

Most impressive performance for me was pellers. Up on the touchline ordering and encouraging for pretty much the entire game.

i think what helped Raheem was the fact he didnt have Kolarov flying past him every 2 seconds. he knew clichy was staying pretty deep and not overlapping so he could concentrate on his game a bit more. on paper an over lapping full back "should" add an extra dimension to attacking play but sometimes it can "over complicate" things.

I think Clichy was right to stay a bit deeper as Armalenko (sp) is a very good player and he needed to be contained.

I was a little surprised/worried when i saw Dinho on the right but it worked well. He seemed to cover a lot of ground and didint just stay on the right.

theres no easy games in europe so a 1-3 win away from home should be applauded.

Im no expert mind, just my thoughts :-)
great point!

i think what helped Raheem was the fact he didnt have Kolarov flying past him every 2 seconds. he knew clichy was staying pretty deep and not overlapping so he could concentrate on his game a bit more. on paper an over lapping full back "should" add an extra dimension to attacking play but sometimes it can "over complicate" things.

I think Clichy was right to stay a bit deeper as Armalenko (sp) is a very good player and he needed to be contained.

I was a little surprised/worried when i saw Dinho on the right but it worked well. He seemed to cover a lot of ground and didint just stay on the right.

theres no easy games in europe so a 1-3 win away from home should be applauded.

Im no expert mind, just my thoughts :-)

You are dead right about the overlapping Kolorov problem. It's inhibited Sterling's game all season, not least because Kolorov has lost the ability to do the ONE thing he was ever any good at: bang it in the box at pace.

I've been saying it for 5 years but I'll say it again: Clichy is ten times the player Kolorov is.

You are dead right about the overlapping Kolorov problem. It's inhibited Sterling's game all season, not least because Kolorov has lost the ability to do the ONE thing he was ever any good at: bang it in the box at pace.

I've been saying it for 5 years but I'll say it again: Clichy is ten times the player Kolorov is.
It is a mystery to me that Kolarov is still at the club. You watch, he will play out of his skin for a couple of weeks any time now and people will start to give him the benefit of the doubt, yet again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.