James Milner

I loved Milner when he was here. Proper heart on his sleeve footballer who gave everything on the pitch for us. He helped us on our way to various trophies and never got the credit he deserved for the quality he possessed. He was and probably still is a very good footballer, I don't think he was quite at the level we aspire reach moving forward, and if you compared him to KDB, there's only one winner.

I don't think I'll ever meet a proper City fan who will hold anything against Milner and I'm sure he himself will look back at his time here very fondly.

I loved Milner when he was here. Proper heart on his sleeve footballer who gave everything on the pitch for us. He helped us on our way to various trophies and never got the credit he deserved for the quality he possessed. He was and probably still is a very good footballer, I don't think he was quite at the level we aspire reach moving forward, and if you compared him to KDB, there's only one winner.

I don't think I'll ever meet a proper City fan who will hold anything against Milner and I'm sure he himself will look back at his time here very fondly.

What an absolute load of bollocks
I am a proper City fan who has being going man and boy since 1968 and I think Milner was a very average limited footballer
He may have given everything he had but you fail to Acknowledge he just wasn't good enough technically Stevie Lomas gave 100% on the pitch but was not good enough either.
Milner strung the club on the last year so I hold that against him whilst I was quite pleased he had left and we upgraded.
we had 1 year saying he might stay when he clearly had no intention of doing that.

This proper City fan says he is a **** for the way he went about manufacturing his move.

I can't see Liverpool shifting Milner this summer unless they pay him up. Can't say I care one way or the other but if he's on the 125k a week that's been reported that's a hell of a lot of money outstanding on his contract and he's not going to get anywhere near that on his next deal. If he sits there and sees his contract out (again) it'll be interesting to see how he's viewed by the Anfield faithful then.

What an absolute load of bollocks
I am a proper City fan who has being going man and boy since 1968 and I think Milner was a very average limited footballer
He may have given everything he had but you fail to Acknowledge he just wasn't good enough technically Stevie Lomas gave 100% on the pitch but was not good enough either.
Milner strung the club on the last year so I hold that against him whilst I was quite pleased he had left and we upgraded.
we had 1 year saying he might stay when he clearly had no intention of doing that.

Right yeah, so 57 England caps is a very 'average limited footballer'.

This proper City fan says he is a **** for the way he went about manufacturing his move.
In what way was he a **** about it? Looking out for his own interests in his profession? He'd won what he came to win and probably realised he wouldn't be anywhere near the first team this season, and of course probably knew Pep was coming next. What's wrong with winding his contract down, lining his pockets and then bagging a move to another big club? Not many who can say they've played for clubs the size of City, Liverpool, Leeds, (at the time), Newcastle and Villa, with trophies won along the way and cup final appearances for a few of those clubs to boot.

Fair play to him.

He was a crucial player for us, one of the few that would give 100% regardless of whether he'd been in and out of the team. He wasn't good enough at centre mid but we got a lot of out him in midfield and his workrate helped us no doubt.

He wanted to move to play centre mid and he did all he could to cement that move to Liverpool and we couldn't get a fee out of him. Considering the amount we paid for him and to him, I don't think you can sing a mans praises for working hard - that's the least we'd expect. He was a **** to just force through a free transfer considering Liverpool would've still paid for him and considering what he won whilst at the club.

In this day and age it means fuck all.Look at all the average Rag players who have caps to their name.Complete fucking joke nowadays.
No it doesn't though, you say that about 'average Rag players', but tell me one that has 50+ England caps and then look at their trophies won. Surely anyone that average wouldn't be a part of a successful team would they?. My point is that no-one can argue against him being a good footballer because he clearly is and a comparison to Lomas is one of the funniest things I've ever read on this forum, he was and still is lightyears ahead of Lomas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.