EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I wanna vote in the referendum to get UK out of the EU because of all those nasty immigrants coming over, and stealing our jobs. I left for Britain for Spain/Portugal/Italy 20 years ago. Because they simply wouldn't integrate. That's why I love my villa/casa/chateaux in a town full of like minded Brits..."
As he's risked his life for this country I think he's got a right to be miffed at not being able to vote on its future but he's been out for over 20 years now and should let it go. If he feels that strongly about this country he should come back and live here. A case of wanting your cake and eating it. But perhaps there should be a special concession for ex service personnel that have served in conflict.

How Negative Interest Rates Will Turbocharge The Migrant Crisis.
In the 1989 Batman movie, the Joker (played by Jack Nicholson) showers a crowded Gotham street with free money.

In the scene, it looks like it’s raining hundred-dollar bills. The people love it. Little do they know, the money is actually a trap. Once the Joker has lured them into the street, he unleashes poisonous gas.

I think the latest gimmick to stimulate the economy is pretty much the same thing. It’s one of the most absurd ideas I’ve heard in a while. And that’s saying something, considering the outrageous schemes our economic luminaries have recently come up with, like…

Once European governments start handing every person thousands of dollars in free money each month (more than many in Africa make in a year), everyone will be scrambling for Europe.

A basic income is a sure recipe for economic disaster and increased cultural tensions. It’s an environment where blowhards and demagogues flourish. Unfortunately, this has happened repeatedly throughout Europe’s history. Once again, it’s going to lead to some very bad things.

I think a basic income will greatly accelerate this recurring trend.
Whether you call it free money, a basic income, or helicopter money, the idea is spreading. It’s the next potion the economic witch doctors will use once their latest scam—negative interest rates—not only fails to cure our economic ailments, but predictably makes them worse.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-16/how-negative-interest-rates-will-turbocharge-migrant-crisis

I'm an outer but on the subject of ex pats having a vote... No! You leave, you leave.

And that German you tube clip from that zdf show was actually very funny. Who knew the Germans had a sense of humour?

I'm an outer but on the subject of ex pats having a vote... No! You leave, you leave.

Ex pats in general are Brits working / living abroad and are still Brits, they still have to pay NI/Tax over here ( unless things have changed since my mates did it a while back ).

How Negative Interest Rates Will Turbocharge The Migrant Crisis.
In the 1989 Batman movie, the Joker (played by Jack Nicholson) showers a crowded Gotham street with free money.

In the scene, it looks like it’s raining hundred-dollar bills. The people love it. Little do they know, the money is actually a trap. Once the Joker has lured them into the street, he unleashes poisonous gas.

I think the latest gimmick to stimulate the economy is pretty much the same thing. It’s one of the most absurd ideas I’ve heard in a while. And that’s saying something, considering the outrageous schemes our economic luminaries have recently come up with, like…

Once European governments start handing every person thousands of dollars in free money each month (more than many in Africa make in a year), everyone will be scrambling for Europe.

A basic income is a sure recipe for economic disaster and increased cultural tensions. It’s an environment where blowhards and demagogues flourish. Unfortunately, this has happened repeatedly throughout Europe’s history. Once again, it’s going to lead to some very bad things.

I think a basic income will greatly accelerate this recurring trend.
Whether you call it free money, a basic income, or helicopter money, the idea is spreading. It’s the next potion the economic witch doctors will use once their latest scam—negative interest rates—not only fails to cure our economic ailments, but predictably makes them worse.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-16/how-negative-interest-rates-will-turbocharge-migrant-crisis

What? So Jack Nicholson is going to distribute £1000's in a helicopter? Bit like the Crystal Maze meets Treasure Hunt, sounds like great TV to me Mozza

Ex pats in general are Brits working / living abroad and are still Brits, they still have to pay NI/Tax over here ( unless things have changed since my mates did it a while back ).

no, you would only pay NI/Tax on UK earnings/pensions/benefits etc, you live abroad you pay tax abroad

no, you would only pay NI/Tax on UK earnings/pensions/benefits etc, you live abroad you pay tax abroad
Fair play, must have changed, I know some mates of mine did a 6 month stint retro fitting army vehicles in Kuwait and they had to pay all the tax and NI for it when they got back.

ah going then coming back is different, think it all depends how long you were out the country for - the person mentioned in the thread is long gone and not planning on returning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.