EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just cannot see a compelling argument to leave. We know what the status quo looks like and by staying in we can influence European legislation and attitudes going forwards.

The outs paint broad brush strokes about benefits from leaving but cannot define in detail what they are and some of their allegations are just plain wrong. For example - we are ruled by Europe and all our laws come from Brussels. There are 180 bills tabled so far for this parliament - that doesn't look like a country who just accepts laws from abroad.

I have heard we pay anything from £50m to £56m per day to the EU. Yes we would stop paying that but none of the outers say how that saved money would be spent. I doubt very much anybody of my "class" will see any of that money - no promises to use it to abolish NI for example. They talk about freedom to trade with the world - that just isn't so simple - there will be years of negotiations around the world with various countries and trading blocs to secure markets beyond the initial promise of a trade agreement. And when it comes to Europe forget what the current leaders say or promise in a few years time if it suits the then German chancellor or French President to fuck us over on trade they will.

It seems to me - mostly thanks to a right wing bias in the press the whole debate will revolve around immigration. Its about way way more than that and the irony will be that its likely leaving will make things worse If we aren't in the EU the French will put the entire population of the Jungle on trains and let them go set up shop on our South Coast - we won't have any fences any cops any border guards on French soil to try and stop it - why? Because we voted to come out of the EU.

I just cannot see a compelling argument to leave. We know what the status quo looks like and by staying in we can influence European legislation and attitudes going forwards.

The outs paint broad brush strokes about benefits from leaving but cannot define in detail what they are and some of their allegations are just plain wrong. For example - we are ruled by Europe and all our laws come from Brussels. There are 180 bills tabled so far for this parliament - that doesn't look like a country who just accepts laws from abroad.

I have heard we pay anything from £50m to £56m per day to the EU. Yes we would stop paying that but none of the outers say how that saved money would be spent. I doubt very much anybody of my "class" will see any of that money - no promises to use it to abolish NI for example. They talk about freedom to trade with the world - that just isn't so simple - there will be years of negotiations around the world with various countries and trading blocs to secure markets beyond the initial promise of a trade agreement. And when it comes to Europe forget what the current leaders say or promise in a few years time if it suits the then German chancellor or French President to fuck us over on trade they will.

It seems to me - mostly thanks to a right wing bias in the press the whole debate will revolve around immigration. Its about way way more than that and the irony will be that its likely leaving will make things worse If we aren't in the EU the French will put the entire population of the Jungle on trains and let them go set up shop on our South Coast - we won't have any fences any cops any border guards on French soil to try and stop it - why? Because we voted to come out of the EU.
In or out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.