PSG ticket prices - Protest options v West Brom.

Said it before will say it again let those that want to go pay the price and enjoy the game if you don't like it don't go.

I'd rather carry on having a say in my club, than sit back and have my head patted and be told to run along.

It's not even an issue of going or not. If I was going (I'm not, and wouldnt be if it was £20) I still don't want to see fellow blues priced out.

It's coming to a head now because clubs have never been richer, and ticket income has never been smaller as a percentage. 17 PL teams are in the top 30 richest in the world with the likes of Palace, Sunderland and Villa earning more that Napoli, who play regularly in the the CL. They will be even richer next year, and the reliance on matchday income to compete will become even smaller.

There is also the point that tickets prices are constantly increasing year on year. 5% here, 10% there with the odd cheaper ticket thrown in. Squeezing regular fans until they squeak, and then squeezing a bit more is unacceptable.

I'm fortunate at the minute that I'm able to afford to go but circumstances can change at any time, for anyone. I know many blues, fans for years and years, who are considering knocking it on the head and this alone should make the club take notice. I just feel that the club are shooting themselves in the foot with this.

Don't think the club have left themselves any room for maneuvre for PSG, so can't see any reductions for this. Hopefully the shit storm created will make them think about next years ticket prices.

Scaremongering PB you don't know that but it seems your campaign is starting to be coming off the tracks as everybody starts to realise that it really isn't that bad a price. Said it before will say it again let those that want to go pay the price and enjoy the game if you don't like it don't go. Personally I will be watching my beloved club for over 30 years play in the QF of the champions league never thought that would ever happen.
You don't know it won't though do you? If you're happy to pay to watch it then all well and good. I hope you and all the other "I'm alright Jack" mob have a lovely evening.

Said it before will say it again let those that want to go pay the price and enjoy the game if you don't like it don't go. Personally I will be watching my beloved club for over 30 years play in the QF of the champions league never thought that would ever happen.

So even in the last few years you never thought that would happen?

You are right though. If you don't mind it go, if you don't like it don't go. I'm doing the latter and dropping the scheme next season.

Organising a national campaign for away tickets is far easier than organising one for home tickets - lobbying the Premier League as one for away tickets worked well because it's reasonable enough to expect and request all away fans to pay a single set price for an away ticket.

Home tickets are a different kettle of fish altogether because each club has all manner of pricing levels for each game plus every fanbase is different in terms of how affluent they are. You can't expect every club to adopt exactly the same prices across the board for home tickets so we have to tackle our clubs individually on it. Scudamore acknowledged a couple of months back that something had to be done about away tickets but said the Premier League can't realistically intervene when it comes to home tickets. Liverpool fans staged just one walkout and achieved an unexpected u-turn. Whatever option we adopt, we could achieve similar success providing enough people make their feelings known.

We're approaching a tipping point here where even long-standing loyal fans are getting disillusioned with the way the club prices certain games. Not only that, we must be the only club in the league that gives no indication at the start of the season as to what the pricing will be for each game apart from the Champions League group games once the draw has been made. Pretty much every other match is done on an ad hoc basis so fans really don't have an idea where they're up to.

I've said it before but I've defended the club's pricing on games in the past - I also had a huge run-in with JMA on here about 5 or 6 years ago when he launched into a withering rant against Cook and the price of season tickets because at the time I and many others felt we were still getting very good value for money. That was at a time when our season tickets were priced a lot more reasonably than they are now (save for the new level 3 SS seats of course) and before the platinum scheme came in but since then I feel the club are trying to unnecessarily squeeze too much out of us. My ST has probably increased in price by nearly 70% in that time (nearly 60% if I'd gone gold) - others will have seen theirs increase even more. As things stand I can still afford it and £40 for my seat for the PSG game isn't totally outrageous but that doesn't mean I'm not going to stand side by side with those fans who have been priced out. We can't fill the ground for most Champions League games as it is - in fact, we've had more City fans in the ground for FA Cup games against Championship opposition over the past few seasons than we have for some CL games over the past few seasons. The fact that those FA Cup games were priced at £15-£20 and £1-£5 for kids tells us that this is indeed a pricing issue. Of course, I'm not expecting prices like that for a home quarter final in the CL but a bit more commonsense from those that make the decisions would see this game sell out. The Rags can hurl as many jibes as they want about empty seats but if we can fill our ground for early round FA Cup games against lower division opposition then that proves the support is there.

Good post and I agree with most of that. Especially your point about a national campaign being more difficult.I posted this yesterday as a fairer way of pricing

To set a maximum price for seats for any game
"Secondly there should be a simple formula something like the price of a s/c for that seat plus say 30%. That would mean for a £299 seat tickets would be £20 a £800 seat would be £54 and everything in between . Not sure what we have most of but guessing around £600 so £40. I'm not sure over a season the club would lose out by much but there would be plenty of choice for fans in all price ranges."

Maybe a campaign to set a maximum premium a club can set a price for a one off match or match day ticket. I just picked 30% off the top of my head.
My main argument in this thread has been with the rush to make it all about the headline £60 for this one game it's much bigger than that. And not just about City or indeed as I have learnt over the last couple of days just England having seen what Bayern charge.

As a whole i fail to see how the club can be criticized for ticket pricing. Season Tickets are great value for money, over the last 4-5 years we have seen a team that overall competes for the league and other domestic cups regularly. Domestic cup pricing has been capped up to certain rounds and yet people still don't bother to attend at £15-£20. Champions league offers have been available in the past, 3 group games from £100 i think it was. If you pay for a premium season ticket you know cup matches are going to be a premium as well. As i have stated previous, there wasn't a media storm over pricing against barcelona last season or in 2014. nor was there any against bayern munich in 2013 (group game). Everyone has thier own price they are willing to pay and for me £40-£45 for CL QF is still reasonable but understand not for everyone.

You don't know it won't though do you? If you're happy to pay to watch it then all well and good. I hope you and all the other "I'm alright Jack" mob have a lovely evening.

Thanks I intend to.

Oh just to show that I am not all bad. The points wall isn't in affect against Chelsea away so anybody can get a ticket for the game. Went on sale this morning £59 fill your boots.

Thanks I intend to.

Oh just to show that I am not all bad. The points wall isn't in affect against Chelsea away so anybody can get a ticket for the game. Went on sale this morning £59 fill your boots.
I've said before that I won't pay £50 or more for anything other than a final. Stopped doing London games when the prices went above that level, even when I lived there.

It didn't sell out within days. You could buy tickets the day before the match. There was a big uproar un here about why it hadn't sold out quickly.

Correct. And for the FA Cup derby in 2011-12 while that sold out, we were over 10,000 below capacity for the LC semi-final 1st leg against Liverpool a few days later because plenty of fans couldn't afford to pay premium prices for 2 cup games spaced a few days apart just a couple of weeks after Christmas

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.