Ken Livingston

weird how Shah is still in her job unless I missed something yet they have (rightfully) suspended Livingstone. Honestly the Labour party is imploding. Which whatever way you look at it is not good news for democracy in the UK.
I guess it's because Shah apologised. Although as far as I'm concerned, they should have got rid of her as well.

I think it does have a problem but I also think the right wing press is using it as a stick to beat Corbyn with. I would imagine there are far more Tories who have ideological sympathies with Hitler. They're just not stupid enough to show it publicly.
And that's pretty much lesson one for anyone who wants to work in public service. Keep your personal views to yourself.

And that's pretty much lesson one for anyone who wants to work in public service. Keep your personal views to yourself.
Politicians should keep their personal views out of, erm, politics? Fuck me. Then let's just get rid of democracy altogether. No-one seems to like it anyway.

Politicians should keep their personal views out of, erm, politics? Fuck me. Then let's just get rid of democracy altogether. No-one seems to like it anyway.

In a democracy one elects public servants based on how closely they and their party reflect your views. Once elected their duty to the public is to represent. Not to suddenly start expressing other contrary views. When they do so they no longer are serving the public who elected them but rather themselves. No one every got elected on a promise to serve themselves. Those who expose themselves as doing so after being elected should be removed from office.

Democracy is at the service of the electorate and by their choice. Hence the saying you get the government you deserve.

In a democracy one elects public servants based on how closely they and their party reflect your views. Once elected their duty to the public is to represent. Not to suddenly start expressing other contrary views. When they do so they no longer are serving the public who elected them but rather themselves. No one every got elected on a promise to serve themselves. Those who expose themselves as doing so after being elected should be removed from office.

Democracy is at the service of the electorate and by their choice. Hence the saying you get the government you deserve.
You are proposing a government and parliament of people who never express their personal views. No need for MPs then, Just a one party state. Sorted.

Democracy government what's that. It's None stop politics. We have labour internally with this issue to deal with. The Tories worried about their tax returns and whether they need to publish it or hide it. Btw what happened to all the millions of files and people found in Panama. Not just daves dad all the others who are really at it. Then the Euro referendum where all the divided politicians tour the country arguing their cause. Can I ask who the feck is running the country and passing laws and dealing with issues to make the country better and stronger. It's all descended into chaos.

You are proposing a government and parliament of people who never express their personal views. No need for MPs then, Just a one party state. Sorted.

I'm proposing a government who express their views when standing for election and become public servants based on those views.

Do you think anyone expressing anti-semantic views would be allowed to stand for any party? Do you think they would be elected if they did? So the democratic process prevents these people being elected in the first place as they do not represent the population who they wish to vote for them. When these people subsequently expose themselves as having lied to the electorate they should then be removed from office.

I'm trying not to raise to your bait as I'm all too familiar with your tactics. I also have an inkling that you probably don't think there is anything wrong with the opinions we are discussing. But that's just my opinion based on your contribution to this and other similar threads and I would be happy to be proved otherwise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.