England Euro 2016 Squad

marl0we

Who would you take and who do you think Hodgson will take?

I would go for:

Hart, Forster, Heaton;
Rose, Smalling, Cahill, Walker, Clyne, Stones, Shawcross;
Milner, Dier, Alli, Albrighton, Barkley, Drinkwater, Lallana, Antonio;
Kane, Vardy, Rooney, Defoe, Sturridge

But I think Shawcross, Albrighton, Antonio, and Defoe will miss out and Jagielka, Sterling, Henderson, and Walcott will go.

Shawcross won't go cos of his one bad game against Sweden, but i agree he should go, id take jagielka over stones.
Antonio is very inconsistent from what i have seen but you could make a good argument for him over Sterling.
and i agree about Defoe id take him to the Euros too, but it would be in place of Rooney for me(I know this will never happen) and take another midfielder no need for 5 forwards.

Shawcross won't go cos of his one bad game against Sweden, but i agree he should go, id take jagielka over stones.
Antonio is very inconsistent from what i have seen but you could make a good argument for him over Sterling.

and i agree about Defoe id take him to the Euros too, but it would be in place of Rooney for me(I know this will never happen) and take another midfielder no need for 5 forwards.

I for one am glad you're not England manager, then.

Who would you take and who do you think Hodgson will take?

I would go for:

Hart, Forster, Heaton;
Rose, Smalling, Cahill, Walker, Clyne, Stones, Shawcross;
Milner, Dier, Alli, Albrighton, Barkley, Drinkwater, Lallana, Antonio;
Kane, Vardy, Rooney, Defoe, Sturridge

But I think Shawcross, Albrighton, Antonio, and Defoe will miss out and Jagielka, Sterling, Henderson, and Walcott will go.
You'd go with Rooney? He's beyond crap. I'd take Carroll instead.

I'd also go with Roberts ahead of Sterling. Roberts is the future for England so begin preparing him. (Every squad should have 1 or 2 very young players)

Shouldn't Noble be in there too as a nuisance midfielder?

I'd also go with Roberts ahead of Sterling. Roberts is the future for England so begin preparing him. (Every squad should have 1 or 2 very young players)

A nuisance to us or the opposition?

Rooney wouldn't be in my starting eleven but he's decent back-up in a number of positions (which Carroll is not). He's also very experienced, capable of playing at a very high standard (though he hasn't shown it recently), and I believe quite popular within the squad.

I hadn't considered Roberts but you might be onto something there. He's definitely on great form, but he hasn't played much this season (or ever) and he's only played in poor leagues. I don't think he can rival any of the wide midfielders I've got already.

I did think about Noble (and Carrick, Henderson, Delph, Wilshere ...) but central midfield is pretty well covered with Dier, Drinkwater, Alli, Barkley, Milner and even Rooney all capable of playing there.

Wellshit out for 9 months boy it didn't look that bad he even got up and walked off.

England currently blessed up top I still think Midfield and defence are a little week.

I'd take Defoe above Wooney, no doubt Beckenbauer Jones will go after a nothing season. Players like Noble deserve a go.

Hart
Forster
Heaton

Rose
Bertrand
Smalling
Cahill
Stones
Jagielka
Walker
Clyne

Dier
Alli
Drinkwater
Noble
Barkley
Sterling
Walcott
Lallana

Vardy
Sturridge
Kane
Rooney

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.