Swansea (a) Post Match Thread

Forgot to say did anyone else notice Mangala climbing on that Swansea players back during one of their attacks? Let out a big sigh when he gave a goal kick let me tell you, both him and Ota are prone to some rash decisions if we can train that out of them there's plenty to work with in both of them
They both worry me greatly,Otamendi is always on his backside and Mangalas range of passing is akin to Stevie Wonder

Can I sleep on it. No of course he is better than McLaren but should never have been anywhere near the city job. Should of gone last summer.
Our owner must have known we had Pep in the bag and I respect the decision that they thought Pellegrini deserved to see out his final year and they trusted him to do so comfortably I suspect. I think scraping 4th on the final day of the season was not in their thinking as they probably thought a good talking to after last season and what he achieved in his first was enough to trust him.

I think this season has brought 2013-2014 into perspective as many of the character traits which have failed us over the last two seasons were present as far back as then. Many spotted it back then but many more missed it, but as the months passed by and turned into seasons it's all became glaringly clear we were tactically regressing from day one.

He's gone now, but some how I feel the polarised opinions of his tenure will continue to cause debate and divide.

If ever a single game encapsulated a season that was it. Unbelievably profligate in front of goal, sloppy passes all over the field, Aguero making no effort to win the ball back, the customary suicidal pass by Mangala across the back line straight to an opposition player, inept marking at corners, any number of truly brainless free kicks conceded, gifting the opposition a goal, and generally making a routine task as difficult as humanly possible.
There's a lot of players need moving on and there's a few more that need a good swift kick up the pants.
Hats off today to Clichy, Otters, both Ferns, Navas and KDB. Decent effort chaps. Big let downs were Kun and Nacho, the latter of whom had his worst ever game in a City shirt.
In the end it was a huge sigh of relief to qualify for the Chimps League and hopefully Pep will make his mark swiftly. There need to be a lot of changes though

Last edited:
If ever a single game encapsulated a season that was it. Unbelievably profligate in front of goal, sloppy passes all over the field, Aguero making no effort to win the ball back, the occasional suicidal pass by Mangala across the back line straight to an opposition player, inept marking at corners, any number of truly brainless free kicks conceded, gifting the opposition a goal, and generally making a routine task as difficult as humanly possible.
There's a lot of players need moving on and there's a few more that need a good swift kick up the pants.
Hats off today to Clichy, Otters, both Ferns, Navas and KDB. Decent effort chaps. Big let downs were Kun and Nacho, the latter of whom had his worst ever game in a City shirt.
In the end it was a huge sigh of relief to qualify for the Chimps League and hopefully Pep will make his mark swiftly. There need to be a lot of changes though

Otamendi emerges with no credit at all from today or the season as a whole.

Can't pass, gives away stupid free kicks and out of position way too often. A big disappointment overall.

Erm, the one that had Tevez and Dzeko supporting Aguero, rather than Bony and Nacho, and Gaz Baz, Lescott, a fit Kompany and a mobile Ya Ya
The main difference I can see was the man in charge. Let's see what a proper manager can do with the squad we have, no more dogmatic 442, with Yaya as one of the midfield 2 and Bony supporting Aguero. No more weird substitutions, no more weird tactical adjustments and no more square pegs in round holes.

I look forward to a life post Pellegrini, as for the misfortunes, imo he's brought most of it on himself.

If ever a single game encapsulated a season that was it. Unbelievably profligate in front of goal, sloppy passes all over the field, Aguero making no effort to win the ball back, the customary suicidal pass by Mangala across the back line straight to an opposition player, inept marking at corners, any number of truly brainless free kicks conceded, gifting the opposition a goal, and generally making a routine task as difficult as humanly possible.
Haha, mate, that is pretty much the conversation I've just had. Felt like throwing the TV through the fucking window.

I disagree about Nacho though, it was only a game as bad as last week against Arsenal, lol - he's got great promise but just so raw at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.