When was the Pep decision made?

2sheikhs

Everyone says that the Pep appointment was made long ago and that pellers was simply a caretaker until his contract with BM expired.
I have no doubt that KDB joined because he was informed that Pep would be our manager.
Surely then, all our recent transfers would have come after a quick word with him. There'd be no point in signing a player on a 5 year contract if Pep didn't rate him and would have to put up with him for at least 3 years.
So was he consulted over the mangala, otamendi or bony transfers?
Either the decision to appoint Pep was a lot more recent than everyone thinks or he actually rates those players.

I think if you look at last summer's transfer strategy it was obvious it was done with Pep in mind. For us to go into a season with just two recognised strikers with a manager that likes to play two up top spoke volumes.

Then Sergio scored.....

Ironic our greatest historical moment of this century meant we didn't get pep.

You have to assume then that Peps two amigos must have asked him his opinion on our recent signings.
I'm hoping therefore that he saw something in otamendi and mangala to make them great defenders.
I'm hoping that with bony, it just shows us that he's got a sense of humour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.