Players who might improve us

Weigl reminds me so much of Xavi. Just effortless football. Loved him the first time I saw him.

Yeah cause he had Matic covering for him. Look what happened last season.

I never said he would be solely responsible for defensive duties, He may have Gundogan covering for him or Fernandinho at City. but you cant argue that the partnership he struck up with the forward players at Chelsea (Costa, Hazard, Willian) that season, didnt help them win the league.

This is the thread for players who would improve us. The one thing we struggled with last year was getting the ball forward quickly enough and early enough to be dangerous with it, therefore he would improve us in that regard.

A left back who's played football at any level, including school team.

I would have thought we would be linked to Lucas Digne. He's a decent young left back and was on loan from PSG to Roma last year. Roma and PSG have not yet agreed terms to make it permanent so he is as available as it gets.

I never said he would be solely responsible for defensive duties, He may have Gundogan covering for him or Fernandinho at City. but you cant argue that the partnership he struck up with the forward players at Chelsea (Costa, Hazard, Willian) that season, didnt help them win the league.

This is the thread for players who would improve us. The one thing we struggled with last year was getting the ball forward quickly enough and early enough to be dangerous with it, therefore he would improve us in that regard.
Gundogan is not nearly the defender that Matic is. We all saw for ourselves last season what happened when Yaya plays in a midfield 2 and how much he was a liabilitiy defensively. I'd rather have Kroos/Rakitic/Pjanic/Thiago than Fabregas. If we play Fabregas, we have to have another defensive-minded CM alongside him and that would limit our lineup flexibility.

Gundogan is not nearly the defender that Matic is. We all saw for ourselves last season what happened when Yaya plays in a midfield 2 and how much he was a liabilitiy defensively. I'd rather have Kroos/Rakitic/Pjanic/Thiago than Fabregas. If we play Fabregas, we have to have another defensive-minded CM alongside him and that would limit our lineup flexibility.

And I havnt claimed Gundogan is better defensivly than Matic. What I have said, is he could do a job on the cover, as could Dinho. If you play the 3 of them, tell one to sit while 2 go or whatever. Its Horses for Courses mate, and it depends who we are up against.

The point still stands Fabregas could improve us

I've seen no suggestion he wants to come but I would have thought Gerard Pique would be an ideal replacement for MD. At 29 he's not past it. He's experienced, a fair organiser & leader at the back, he scores a few, and Pep would trust him in charge of the defence in VK's absence.

(Yes, yes, I know but...)

When was the last time Pep played a winger at full back?
Alves played on the wing for Sevilla and Barca, Guardiola played him exclusively at full back, same with Adriano. He hasn't exactly had your typical full backs at Bayern either. If he wants someone with a huge workrate and plenty of tenacity, someone great at holding possession and getting his team up the pitch and someone who has the ability to come infield and support the lads in central midfield when necessary, I don't see why he'd look past Navas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.