Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess here is that Laportes move to Jorge Mendes as his agent is most likely the reason this deal fell through. The super agent who also represents Mourinho most likely got involved to stop this move and help his mate Mourinho. Befor this fell through the rags seal the deal for Bailly a viable alternative.

The rags close connection to Mendes could be of benefit to them I fear.
That sounds feasible to me.

edit...especially because we were rumoured to be looking at Bailly too

My guess here is that Laportes move to Jorge Mendes as his agent is most likely the reason this deal fell through. The super agent who also represents Mourinho most likely got involved to stop this move and help his mate Mourinho. Befor this fell through the rags seal the deal for Bailly a viable alternative.

The rags close connection to Mendes could be of benefit to them I fear.

Wouldn't surprise me at all. I thought we didn't deal with Mendes?

I like your posts, Dax -- in particular some of your work in the Stones thread -- but your absolute disdain for alternative opinions is a bit arrogant sometimes. I think Otamendi is a better footballer, in particular for what Pep traditionally has had in mind, but I think Mangala was a better defender last season. It's not beyond ridiculous. It's not a case of them "not even being close." It's certainly not a case of one player being light years ahead of another. Just two people coming to different conclusions, as everybody is wont to do.

I get it, you prefer Otamendi. Lots of sound arguments for him. Not sure you have to be pompously dismissive of the people who disagree with you though.
Wow, my apologies. I came off rather worse than I had intended to. You are right, it is just opinion. And my opinion isn't any more valid than anyone else's ( Well maybe except for Shaels - my opinion is always more valid than his. Lol). Anyway my apologies. I read my response again and was a bit dissapointed with the dimissive tone.

I do realize I make forecful arguments sometimes, but I try not to insult or be dismissive of others. Sometimes I fail at it. Happy you called me out. Thanks.

Good riddance then. He's talented but this shows that he's possibly mentally weak and doesn't have the ambition to play for a top European club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.