Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. He was poor. But we probably have to keep one of them and he has only had one seqson to adapt. If we can get shot of both of them I would be happy.

I thought we should trust Txiki's decision to sign players, after all he is our Director of football.

I am sure he signed Mangala and Otamendi after scouting them for a long time.

He didn't spend 70million on them unless he sees them worth every pound.

Maybe they didn't meet our expectation last season, but with Pep they still has a chance to prove themselves.

Yes. To suggest otherwise is beyond ridiculous. They are not even close. They both have errors in them, but Ota is light years ahead.

I like your posts, Dax -- in particular some of your work in the Stones thread -- but your absolute disdain for alternative opinions is a bit arrogant sometimes. I think Otamendi is a better footballer, in particular for what Pep traditionally has had in mind, but I think Mangala was a better defender last season. It's not beyond ridiculous. It's not a case of them "not even being close." It's certainly not a case of one player being light years ahead of another. Just two people coming to different conclusions, as everybody is wont to do.

I get it, you prefer Otamendi. Lots of sound arguments for him. Not sure you have to be pompously dismissive of the people who disagree with you though.

Same feeling for me when otty goes diving in throwing himself to the floor.

I acknowledged the gaffe count for both players, and I'm far from happy with Otamendi's performance levels this season myself, but if you think Mangala is the more comfortable/natural in possession (which is the attribute I alluded to Pep valuing highly) of the two, then I fear you must have been watching games blindfolded ;-)

My guess here is that Laportes move to Jorge Mendes as his agent is most likely the reason this deal fell through. The super agent who also represents Mourinho most likely got involved to stop this move and help his mate Mourinho. Befor this fell through the rags seal the deal for Bailly a viable alternative.

The rags close connection to Mendes could be of benefit to them I fear.

My guess here is that Laportes move to Jorge Mendes as his agent is most likely the reason this deal fell through. The super agent who also represents Mourinho most likely got involved to stop this move and help his mate Mourinho. Befor this fell through the rags seal the deal for Bailly a viable alternative.

The rags close connection to Mendes could be of benefit to them I fear.
Strange advice though all the same stay with Bilbao for another 4/5 years! Mendes not doing the boy any favours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.